Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 1080
Hi All:
I was following the installation of 970 Hackintosh using http://csullender.com/blog/2015/03/11/hackintosh/
I did boot with success. But, I hear the 970 fan bump up pretty quickly right after booting, even though I am not doing anything particularly consuming .I felt this is because there is no control-feedback in the driver side for Hackintosh to correctly monitor the GPU temperature therefore control the fan speed (thus the maximum speed is set)? Is there a way to monitor GPU temp for 970, lower down fan speed or have a real control to the fan speed under Mac? Do we need to install something in multi beast?

If you have HW Monitor and the plugins for it installed you can monitor the GPU temp. Most GTX 970/980 cards have a zero rpm fan though when the temp is under 45C so it shouldn't be spinning constantly. My card fans spin up for a second right before the login screen appears and then stop spinning as normal usage desktop usage should never break the 45C threshold. I do not know of a way to control fan speeds from within OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back