Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Gtx 670, ga-z77x-up5-th, After Effects Cs5.5 freezes shortly after running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Os X 10.8.2
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 670
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First time poster here,

Can't say how enough about how useful and supportive these forums have been to building a Hackintosh. Awesome community!

I have just added the Gtx 670 to the list of cards in Premiere CS5.5 for use of the card and also have updated to the latest driver. The card works fairly well,, a little "laggy" in Premiere, something to look into...

BUT, the problem that I really could use help on is how shortly after running After Effects CS5.5 for a minute or so, my entire computer freezes. It becomes less responsive then, nothing. I can move the mouse around but everything else is completely frozen and I must restart computer.

If anyone out there has had a similar issue i could really use some help on this.

-HiddenRoad89

I have similar experience with AE / Premier CS6 and Final Cut Pro (10.0.7).

Searched far and wide, and those that have the same problem, didnt get it solved here. Nobody really cares for this problem, and there is no solution.

I suggest you wait for 10.8.3 and see if GTX 670 gets better support, if not, then see if AMD 7970 gets full support and buy that card instead.

I have similar experience with AE / Premier CS6 and Final Cut Pro (10.0.7).

Searched far and wide, and those that have the same problem, didnt get it solved here. Nobody really cares for this problem, and there is no solution.

I suggest you wait for 10.8.3 and see if GTX 670 gets better support, if not, then see if AMD 7970 gets full support and buy that card instead.

I have the same problem, already on 10.8.4, my graphic card is GTX 550 with 3 GB. Sometimes freezes in the finder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back