Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GT640 or GTX650 (both 2gb OC) - which to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z77-d3h
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
ATi 6670
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
G'day guys,
Tell me which card is better for my needs (both are my main reasons) -

•*HDMI with Audio to LCD TV as I will use the hackintosh as HTPC to playback TV shows & movies, but approx 60% of the time I will - I would rather see it working - will need help with DSDT editing.
•*I'm also considering getting a new monitor someday soon and will exceed 1920x1080 resolution.

-> both cards above are 2gb OC that I am keen on.

What I am asking, both Gigabyte cards are easily accessible to buy from stores in my area, another cards I can also get is EVGA & Asus if anyone comments above that other card is better than Gigabyte? Any objections?
Thanks
Cheers
AP

Anyone?
Cheers
AP

Bought the Asus GT640 2Gb four days ago. Works OTB with GraphicsEnabler=No (no HDMI audio)

Two monitors attached (1920x1080 HDMI+1280x1024 DVI)
HDMI audio working (with DSDT editing, of course)

Now I'm working around to run three monitors (tested in Win7, working out of the box)

I'm not a game player, I spent most of time working, and playing music-watching TV Sat, so IMO good graphics card for the money, with no problems to install it in a hack ;)

B.R.

650 performs better in games but if that isn't a concern than you shouldn't worry about it. The biggest thing for HTPC I would assume would be power and the 640 requires less and has some fan-less models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back