Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GT 640 on Gigabyte G41MT-S2 - won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ga-g41mt-s2
CPU
Intel 2.67 GHz Quad-Core
Graphics
GeForce 210
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

I really need some help. I spent the last 3 days trying to enable my new graphics card. I've been running my hackintosh for over 3 years now, overcoming many problems. This one is different though.

OS X will *always* freeze when trying to start the window server. It won't even boot in safe mode. The only way that I can get to my desktop, is to erase all NV* and GeF* kexts from /System/Library/Extensions. I tried installing each and every nvidia driver I could find around the net, patches, boot options - whatever I could think of. It makes no difference, it will always freeze in the same spot (right after loading the NV kexts).

The graphics card works perfectly on Windows 7 and Ubuntu 13.04, not a single issue.

Added to all that, I've been even more disappointed seeing most references to problems with this card as dismissed because *it works out of the box*.

Should I buy another card? Is there anything I can else I can try?

I am running 10.8.2 - I really don't want to upgrade since a very important driver (audio) is not working in later versions.

Thank you for your time!

Yes, almost every time I made a change to the kexts. I also restored the whole system from my time machine backup - the issue remains, and is the same. I even tried all the available BIOS versions for the motherboard, extracting a new DSDT each time, and applying the patch for that motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back