Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX750 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[SOLVED] Gigabyte GeForce GTX750 goes to black screen with WebDriver 343.02.02f02

*** 03/17/2015 UPDATE*** - SOLVED!!!

I finished installing Yosemite (10.10.2) onto my first Hackintosh and I can't get my Gigabyte GTX 750 video card to work. I have installed
the latest Nvidia WebDriver for OS X 10.10.2 >WebDriver 343.02.02f02

I also did:
1. Open Finder
2. Navigate to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
3. Open in TextEdit
4. Add nvda_drv=1 to Kernel Flags as shown:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
After I reboot, I will see the Apple logo screen loading and then 1/3 of the way, it will just go to black screen and then my monitor will show no signal. I am connected through HDMI cable.

What did I do wrong? Please help, thank you!

Last edited:
I finished installing Yosemite (10.10.2) onto my first Hackintosh and I can't get my Gigabyte GTX 750 video card to work. I have installed the latest Nvidia WebDriver for OS X 10.10.2 >WebDriver 343.02.02f02

I also did:
1. Open Finder
2. Navigate to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
3. Open in TextEdit
4. Add nvda_drv=1 to Kernel Flags as shown:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
After I reboot, I will see the Apple logo screen loading and then 1/3 of the way, it will just go to black screen and then my monitor will show no signal. I am connected through HDMI cable.

What did I do wrong? Please help, thank you!

Set Graphics Card as your Primary Video Adapter in BIOS, Disable Internal Graphics.
Try booting with "PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No"

I did everything you suggest, but my monitor complains that it can't support the given input. Please help!!!

my monitor supports up to 2560X1440, 60Hz. In my org plist file I had 1080p. Same from Multibeast.
The problem is that the driver for 10.10.0 works fine, but when I upgrade to 10.10.1 or 10.10.2, the respective drivers give this error. The problem is that it seems that I can't change the resolution to a proper value inside osx.

Forgot to mention that my gpu is gigabyte gtx 970 gaming g1. In nvidia driver manager says "nvidia gtx 970 - ECC not supported", but when I install 10.10.1 or 10.10.2, the corresponding drivers don't seem to recognise my gpu... Maybe there is some kind of incompatibility between the new drivers and my gpu?

my monitor supports up to 2560X1440, 60Hz. In my org plist file I had 1080p. Same from Multibeast.
The problem is that the driver for 10.10.0 works fine, but when I upgrade to 10.10.1 or 10.10.2, the respective drivers give this error. The problem is that it seems that I can't change the resolution to a proper value inside osx.

Forgot to mention that my gpu is gigabyte gtx 970 gaming g1. In nvidia driver manager says "nvidia gtx 970 - ECC not supported", but when I install 10.10.1 or 10.10.2, the corresponding drivers don't seem to recognise my gpu... Maybe there is some kind of incompatibility between the new drivers and my gpu?

After updating the OS X have you installed the web driver for new OS X version?

Yes I installed the new drivers and they don't see my gpu, as I wrote before...

Another strange thing is that now I am in 10.10.0 and everything seems to work fine, but I decided to run novabench and my score is very low.

My system is identified as Mac Pro, 3,1 Intel Core i7 @ 4000 MHz, 16 GB empty @ empty and nvidia Geforece gtx 970. My final score is 1420.
Individual scores are:
RAM: 233
CPU: 987
GPU: 119 (only!!! others get sth like 1500)
Hardware tests: 81

I installed yosemite with unibeast and multicast with chimera boot loader.

I used this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...pro-haswell-i7-4790-ssd-gtx-970-yosemite.html

and added some kexts from this guide

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ro-wi-fi-ac-core-i7-4790k-evga-gtx-760-a.html

Any ideas?

PS I decided to use geek bench 3 and cinebencz r15. The scores are more than satisfactory so there must be something wrong with nova bench. That means that at least my build is working fine on 10.10.0.

In my case, after installing the last security update for Yosemite 10.10.2, NVIDIA Web Drivers refuse to load, it says that its incompatible with this version of Yosemite. And yes, they are, 343.02.02f02.

It seems that the last security update screw some things. Now i'm running with OS X default driver, and having (again) session reboot after a short freezes.

So, knowing that GTX750 it's not supported by OS X yet, you'll have to wait for NVIDIA to publish the new drivers. 1 or 2 days, i think it can't take no more.

I am not sure if the security update is included in the 10.10.2 combo installation. However, I really hope that a new driver is going to be released that works with gtx 970. Until then I am stuck on 10.10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back