Contribute
Register

Gigabyte geforce gtx 960 is compatible with mavericks 10.9 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE B85M
CPU
i5 - 4590
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
GTX 960 should work with nvidia web drivers. I have a EVGA 960 works perfect. Also you should put your specs in your profile as it is a requirement to this forum. Good luck!

Maxwell-compatible Web Driver is only available on Yosemite, so you'd have to upgrade. On Mavericks you'd have to get a Kepler-based card (or AMD).

+1

Hello :crazy:
I will like to know where to find the drivers for GTX 960 for Mac ? I had installed Mavericks 10.9 Any link can help me to Installed or thanks for your help

*** I found in NVIDIA is for MAVERICKS 10.9.5 only
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/77751/en-us

The NVidia drivers are not specific to the GPU. However it doesn't matter because NONE of the NVidia drivers for Mavericks support a GTX 960 or any Maxwell cards (750/750ti/960/970/980/980ti/Titan X). Those cards will ONLY work with Yosemite.

I use GTX 970 with Nvidia Web Drivers so the GTX 960 should work because it uses the same chip arch. Both use Maxwell, so it should definitely work!:headbang: BTW - The drivers are very stable!

I use GTX 970 with Nvidia Web Drivers so the GTX 960 should work because it uses the same chip arch. Both use Maxwell, so it should definitely work!:headbang: BTW - The drivers are very stable!

You HAVE to be running 10.10 or higher though. The OP's question was about Mavericks which will not work with any Maxwell card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back