Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GC-Alpine Ridge 2.0 Thunderbolt 3 Card in Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7-8700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
The below is my EFI Folder. You can compare the kexts and drivers with your installation. I am using iMacPro1,1 profile.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    52.6 MB · Views: 255
@nhasan77

The card is connected to the THB port on the motherboard, yes...

I have tried your files and I was able to mount a Glyph Atom SSD Drive (USB-C), but it seems that the hot-plugging does not work.

I am now trying to connect my Universal Audio Apollo via Thunderbolt 3. System Information shows the Alpine Ridge card.

Could you now give an extract of IORegistryExplorer?

@nhasan77

Did you have to set any BIOS/Firmware parameters on the GC-Alpine Ridge through Windows? On the Designare board with built-in Thunderbolt we need to disable Thunderbolt Base Security, set Security Level to No Security, and enable GPIO3 Force Power.

I did set the BIOS settings of No security and force power. I think these are needed anyway whether it's built in or not. Nothing was done via windows except I only downloaded the windows driver from website of gc-alpine ridge and installed. But as the card is visible for you then windows now is of no use I think.

Try changing the bios and see.

Your thunderbolt port is same as mine that's why my SSDT worked for you.

I did set the BIOS settings of No security and force power. I think these are needed anyway whether it's built in or not. Nothing was done via windows except I only downloaded the windows driver from website of gc-alpine ridge and installed. But as the card is visible for you then windows now is of no use I think.

Try changing the bios and see.

Your thunderbolt port is same as mine that's why my SSDT worked for you.
The question came from me, not madmarkdj. ;)

The Designare BIOS has a section specifically for Thunderbolt settings. The three items I mentioned are all under "Thunderbolt".

But if you did not have to modify any firmware settings on the GC-Alpine Ridge card, then that's a good sign.

What kind of device(s) have you connected to the Thunderbolt port?

@nhasan77 How did you install the Windows driver? I have set the BIOS to "No security" and Force Power "Enabled"... Still not working :(

Oops.. yes cross message :)

I have attached an Apple thunderbolt display on 1 TH3 port via th2 adapter. I then daisy chained two more storage devices from display. One thing I just found out, since the SSDT the audio and camera is not working anymore. It was working without the SSDT even though the hot swap and pcie info was not working. I think in the SSDT these two devices needs to be enabled. Do you know how that can be done? I will do a bit more search as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back