Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey Guys,

Having an issue with trying to install Sierra on my hackintosh. I followed the installation guide and actually was able to get to the Apple installation screen, but when I noticed that the install was not picking up my M.2 drive, I started trying some other things. Now for some reason I am unable to get back to the install window. I start my pc, the clover app comes up, and I choose the Mac install. I see the Apple logo with the progress bar, and then I see this icon after a few minutes:
20170812_191338.jpg
I have been working on this for hours with no solution. I really could use some help. From my understanding the install will not pick up the m.2 drive and I will need to do a workaround, but for right now I am focusing on trying to get back to the install screen. I have tried reinstalling the MacOS and trying a different 32GB thumbdrive but with no luck.

RIG:
Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming K7
I7 7700 - Kaby Lake
Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVMe m.2
Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB GPU

I finally figured out how to correct the issue. I removed the power cord, and CMOS and then held the power button. I then restarted and then boot from the USB to get to the Apple installation screen. Now I just need to figure out what I need to do so the IOS sees the M.2 drive during installation

I finally figured out how to correct the issue. I removed the power cord, and CMOS and then held the power button. I then restarted and then boot from the USB to get to the Apple installation screen. Now I just need to figure out what I need to do so the MacOS sees the M.2 drive during installation

Did you change the appropriate BIOS settings according to the installation guide?

MacOS Sierra does not support third party NVMe M.2 drives natively. Check this : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/os-x-driver-for-nvme-m-2-solid-state-drives-released.181387/

I believe that I took care of all the important ones:
CSM Support - Disabled
Secure Boot - Disabled
VT-d - Disabled
Wake on Lan - Disabled
XMP - Profile 1
Network Stack - Disabled
XHCI Hand-off - Enabled
Super IO - unable to find
CFG lock - unable to find

So I checked out your link, thanks btw. So I am unable to install the IOS initially to the m.2 drive? I would need to install using another ssd then somehow install to the m.2?

Hi, would you be able to share your multibeast settings? I have the same board and processor that you do. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back