Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is a 9th generation gigabyte board. The rest of my parts:

CPU: i5 4460
GPU: Asus GTX 650
RAM: 1x8GB 1.3GHz

Before installation, I disabled Vt-d in BIOS first.
Installation was very easy. Used Unibeast USB stick to format drive and install Mavericks 10.9.0. No boot flags necessary, Unibeast runs the installer straight away. After successful installation and initial setup of Mavericks 10.9.0, I installed NullCPUPowerManagement from Multibeast 6.3.1, then I proceeded to run combo update to 10.9.3, then restarted.

Up to this point, I'm using Unibeast USB's Chimera to boot. So I installed Chimera 3.0.1 using Multibeast 6.3.1. It freezes at some protected bluetooth controller issue, so I used Unibeast's Chimera again to boot. After logging in, I copied the Unibeast USB's Extra folder and replaced my Extra folder (The Extra folder in Unibeast USB is hidden). This time I was able to successfully use Chimera installed in the hard drive to boot.

Then, to fix audio I installed Realtek ALC 892 and audio support for 9th generation boards. Worked like a charm. Bluetooth was working out of the box, and it can't be turned off. Ethernet was working OOB as well. System profile shows proper detection of CPU, GPU, and RAM.

Only thing missing now is enabling the built-in wifi. Anyone got an idea how to do this?

PS. I disabled the intel graphics from the start in the BIOS and have been using GTX 650 since installation up to this point. That means I won't be able to say anything regarding issues with intel HD4600 or those without GPU.

...Only thing missing now is enabling the built-in wifi. Anyone got an idea how to do this?
There is no support of the wireless part in the Intel wireless/BT miniPCIe card. BT is supported. However, with my H97N-WIFI motherboard, I removed the miniPCIe card with the intention of using a compatible card, such as the AzureWave AW-CE123H 802.11a/c & BT 4 miniPCIe card, in the future when the price is less painful to my wallet. I'm currently using a USB BT adapter. (Note: 11a/c is still new, and, as SmallNetBuilder.com said in it's article, you probably should wait until late Fall 2014 or Spring 2015 to take advantage of the emerging 11ac technology improvements.)

Speaking of BT, the H/Z97N recognizes my BT Apple keyboard in the BIOS. So, another nice surprise in the Gigabyte 9-Series BIOS. However, I still need to use my Logitech K750 Solar Mac wireless keyboard, which uses Logitech's Unifying Receiver, or a USB Apple keyboard to get into the BIOS. Oh, well...progress. :thumbup:

w1ndell said:
PS. I disabled the intel graphics from the start in the BIOS and have been using GTX 650 since installation up to this point. That means I won't be able to say anything regarding issues with intel HD4600 or those without GPU.
For those of you reading this thread and want to use HD4600 Intel Integrated Graphics instead of a discrete graphics card, see this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html.

Hello,

i thicking about buying a gigabyte z97n-wifi.
will wifi work with the built in pci-card?

Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back