i7-10700KF
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Greetings,
I've been willing to build a Hackintosh for my brother, with my old hardware so i foundout that my mainboard is pretty much compatible for this matter, but i have no experience doing that, i've been a member of this site for a while and i am finally starting to be creative with your help
this is my list for the hardware:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97-N Wifi
Graphicscard:EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 4GB
RAM:16Gb (2x8) DDR3 Hyperx Furry 1866Mhz
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB
HDD:WD Green 2TB
i read about Nvidia compatibility issues with Mojave so i am willing to install high Sierra, and i am looking for a guide/tutorial to do so.

could someone help me with the installation please
many many thanks in advance for your help

thank you i will try my best to get the installation done by this evening, in-case i had an issue i'll reply here

installation is done, but i am stuck here trying to install the nvidia webdrivers, any suggestions? «

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 23.16.12.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 23.16.12.png
    510.3 KB · Views: 76
I had to reinstall the system something went wrong, so I did Nvidia web drivers installation through Terminal, but as you can see the graphicscard is showing only 7 MB instead of 4 GB.
am I missing something here, this is my very first build so ... is there anything about these kext in the EFI that I need to replace or something, I am looking for someone who build the same hardware as mine this would be much easier for me follow, and also this long story with Nvidia cards and macOS :banghead:

am I missing something here

Dependencies :

1. Native NVRAM support or an emulation of same - Test
2. At least 10.12.4.
3. The correct web drivers matched to the OS build number.
4. No use of nv_disable=1.
5. NvidiaWeb=true in config.plist.
6. May need SIP fully disabled - CsrActiveConfig=0x67.
7. May need latest Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.

Dependencies :

1. Native NVRAM support or an emulation of same - Test
2. At least 10.12.4.
3. The correct web drivers matched to the OS build number.
4. No use of nv_disable=1.
5. NvidiaWeb=true in config.plist.
6. May need SIP fully disabled - CsrActiveConfig=0x67.
7. May need latest Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.

thanks again for your help, i will try this in the evening and see if that fixes the issue

thanks again for your help, i will try this in the evening and see if that fixes the issue

issue hasn't been resolved , i tried all the steps, i couldn't install the drivers, is there a step by step tutorial that i can use ?

is there a step by step tutorial that i can use ?
No but it is hardly rocket science.

1. Do you have native NVRAM support ?
a. Test
b. If you have native NVRAM support go to step 2.
c. If you do not have native NVRAM support run the Clover Installer and Install EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts.
d. Test again.

2. Must be at least 10.12.4 - You have High Sierra 10.13.6 so go to step 3.

3. Install the Nvidia web drivers.

4. Make sure that you do not have the boot argument nv_disable=1 in your config.plist (Use Clover Configurator).

5. Make sure that NvidiaWeb=true is in config.plist System Parameters (Use Clover Configurator).

6. Make sure that SIP is fully disabled in config.plist Rt Variables CsrActiveConfig=0x67 and BooterConfig=0x28.

7. May need latest Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back