Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7-TH - Install Outline, Test: File Copy Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
You serious. What if one wanted to only install Linux how would they be able to unlock it then?

You can get a free download of windows from Microsoft. (google: windows evalcenter) You can install that into the partition you intend to install OSX.

• Install Windows
  • Install Thunderbolt Drivers
  • Verify Thunderbolt works with Windows
  • Install OSX on the windows partition
Once you verify Thunderbolt works in window, you won't need it anymore.

-px

Has HDMI audio been tested by anyone following this guide? I am pulling my hair to try to get it working! The Toleda guide implies applying the "Clean Compile" patch first, and it fails.

DSDTs are sensitive to the version of firmware on the motherboard. It is possible that you are on version F3. This guide was on version F2.

If you still haven't pulled all your hair out getting Toleda's stuff to work, you might be able to switch to the old BIOS--if they have not updated your backup bios before distributing your board. The GA-Z87X-UD7-TH has a primary and backup bios. Check the manual on how to change to backup. Select the backup, go to BIOS and verify version number, Load Defaults, and setup BIOS as in the first few steps of the outline in this thread.

If the backup is F2, or even your primary is F2, be sure you boot with DSDT=null on the boot screen before creating your DSDT.

-px

Thank you for this wonderful guide. This was my first Hackintosh build and it's (10.9.2) running really smooth and stable. (Will do the dual-boot Windows install once I get my hands on a Thunderbolt-device).

I have one remaining issue with my setup which is that I can't get dual monitoring to work. (I've got two Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23-monitors). Both the internal graphics card and the GTX 770 are listed on the system report. (The display is hooked up to the HDMI output of the motherboard.) When switched to use just the GTX770 (DVI), the display works as well, so this should not be a pin-problem on the card as some other threads about dual monitoring issues have stated. I've also tried the HDMI and DisplayPort outputs on the card, but with no results.

My setup:
⁃ GA-Z87X-UD7-TH
⁃ Crucial 32GB (4x 8GB) Ballistix Tactical
⁃ Intel Core i7 4770K
⁃ EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 ACX 2GB
⁃ 2 x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA SSD
⁃ Corsair CP-9020055-UK RM Series RM750 80 Plus Gold 750W ATX/EPS

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Thank you for this wonderful guide. This was my first Hackintosh build and it's (10.9.2) running really smooth and stable. (Will do the dual-boot Windows install once I get my hands on a Thunderbolt-device).

I have one remaining issue with my setup which is that I can't get dual monitoring to work. (I've got two Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23-monitors). Both the internal graphics card and the GTX 770 are listed on the system report. (The display is hooked up to the HDMI output of the motherboard.) When switched to use just the GTX770 (DVI), the display works as well, so this should not be a pin-problem on the card as some other threads about dual monitoring issues have stated. I've also tried the HDMI and DisplayPort outputs on the card, but with no results.

My setup:
⁃ GA-Z87X-UD7-TH
⁃ Crucial 32GB (4x 8GB) Ballistix Tactical
⁃ Intel Core i7 4770K
⁃ EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 ACX 2GB
⁃ 2 x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA SSD
⁃ Corsair CP-9020055-UK RM Series RM750 80 Plus Gold 750W ATX/EPS

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

i read somewhere, (I think in the thunderbolt thread) that you must always have a monitor connect to the motherboard for dual multi monitor support... I don't have any experience as I have yet to purchase a decent video card, but the way the post read, was there must always be a monitor connected to the motherboard. Correct me if I'm wrong...

I might have seen it in toledos hdmi audio tutorial, one of those threads.

Thanks so much for the detailed install guide!

I want to add an note that I continued having a panic on first boot using your method until I excluded "DSDT=NULL" form the process. Not sure what the issue was with the setup but after that, all booted and loaded as planned. Hope that helps someone searching this thread.

-Cap

Please enlighten me. Why is an up to date board installed via DSDT when it features UEFI? I dont get that.

Hey there Pixelstand!

I'm about to install my first ever hackintosh with the same motherboard as you. Let me start by thanking you for this guide, it looks like I should have a much more convenient time installing OS X thanks to you (yet i still have to confirm :DD). I merely had a question about booting from the uniBeast USB drive. The motherboard has no USB 2.0 ports, will this be a problem or can i use the 3.0 ports to boot from? and finally what version of the BIOS were you running at the time of the install and does it matter? I am intending on dual booting windows 8.1 which is apparently best on the newest version of the BIOS.

Thanks again for the awesome guide! :thumbup:

Hi Pixelstand, (others feel free to comment)

I have a similar build that I put together about a month ago_One difference is that I used an i5 processor from the recommended hardware list. Unfortunately I still have random freezing.

I was wondering if your machine is still running well and if so would you recommend for me to change the processor or try something else to fix the freezing.The freezing is killing me. Sometimes it works perfectly for two days and other times it freezes every 15 minutes :(
I'm worried that it may freeze before I send this message...

One other thing. I see that you have a card reader. Do you get the boot0 error x4? If you don't get the error, did you change a setting to fix it or did you never have the error? What card reader did you use?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you may be able to give me :)

Bob

Edit: The machine froze the instant I sent the message. WhileI watched it reboot I noticed that I typed the ebios boot error incorrectly above. It is EBIOS read error: Error 0x31 Block 0x0 Sectors 0

I did exactly Like in the original post, still can not boot from the main HD.

Without the USB drive, when I select the internal drive with the os to start, getting:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test

then at the end
boot0: error.

When I start from mu USB drive, then in the command line enter -v and -x
It stops at system uptime in nanoseconds, but couple opt lines before shows, Mac OS Version: not yet set
then couple lines above is the BSD process name corresponding to ... : Unknown
Boot args: boot-uuid then Number .... then rd=*uuid darkwake=0 -v -x

o_O

Any Idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back