NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2048 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I updated from Mavericks to Yosemite and have a working system now: Audio ACL892 is operational and so is sleep and wake from sleep. However I did come by many kernel panics which I overcame by boot args -no-zp and also had the Mach_Kernel problem because of a wrong plist. Anyway, thanks to this forum I managed to install and build a system that is now running stable. Nice! thanks you.
Best CH

Hey, I am new to hackintoshing, fairly capable with clear instructions for noobs thanks to some raspberry pi tinkering.
I have the same motherboard as you have stated and would like to get some form of mac os for it, the later the better without needing to jump through to many hoops ( not asking a lot i know haha ). This is for a basic media pc for running youtube, netflix and usb movies on my projector as a lightweight, low power alternative to my old octocore windows rig.

I have had what i would call an 80% complete installation of High Sierra, with the only noticeable bug left being the graphics. Wouldnt boot with a gpu installed and wasn't utilising Igfx even though it recognised the hd 4400, only allocating 7mb to it. I could have gotten on with it as it was if it werent for the glitchy video playback and browser gui. The dock was also solid instead of transparent which i think means it isnt using any sort of gfx driver, i think.

i was searching multiple sources for all sorts of fixes for about 2 days straight, but nothing fixed it and sometimes made things worse. In the end i decided to try again from scratch with Sierra, but my attempts to follow text and video tutorials always get halted during the first external drive boot. As soon as i click to instal mac os from external with verbose i just get the text for ages and it never gets to the setup gui. I have no idea what the text means, but always ends the same.
Halting with "busy timeout 0 (240s) kextd wait(0) 'appleacpicpu'" for 10 minutes and then finally stopping with "IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1, IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0"

This is pretty much where i am stuck at at the moment, I would like to stick with Sierra as i already have the os installer and a number of files for it, but will change if it is easier. I do not know a lot of the terminology or anything about coding or command past "sudo apt get install update" i am afraid, but any help that stops me from giving up and just pay £200 for a second hand mac mini would be very much appreciated. FYI so far i only have £26 into this build which was entirely for the case as a lot of the build is from spare parts.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back