Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 recommended Bios Settings & flags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, P1lgrim, that was a very good guess.

My apologies on not listing the hardware, I just joined and the info is now on my profile.

Thank you, P1lgrim, that was a very good guess.

My apologies on not listing the hardware, I just joined and the info is now on my profile.

No worries - Welcome to the forum.

Hi,
Currently I am stuck at installing Mac OS Mavericks. I have already set the settings mentioned by "Endenver":

BIOS
Load optimizing
memory setting -> Profile 1
VT-D -> Enabled (not able to set to Disable)
XHCI Mode -> Smart Auto
XHCI Hand-off -> enabled
EHCI Hand-off -> enabled

Only differences is that I am using my onboard videocard to output video.

Save and exit
My BIOS versions F6

At the Chimera bootloader, I use the -x parameter but after a few seconds it hangs (the spinning thingy stops spinning).

If I use the verbose option to output more info, at the end it shows the following message:

WARNING:this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c,
any pointers?

thanks in advance

**FIXED**
Don't use a VGA-cable :/

SUCCESS ! I hope this helps someone. I appreciate the help here.
I followed this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

After days of playing around with various bios settings, buying an HDMI monitor etc I managed to disable by bios boot totally. (turned off graphics). I had to jumper the bios reset pins. Upon power up i DID NOT choose optimized. I left everything at factory default and rebooted. Voila ! it worked !

I'm attempting a Hackintosh for the first time with the GA-Z87MX-D3H so I believe I read in a post you can't use a VGA cable. Is that true?

Also just wondering if I need to disconnect my HDD that has my windows install on it?

Ya Mattie I think VGA is very unreliable and you shouldn't use it for that.

Hello, My system

Motherboard GA-Z87-HD3

CPU- i5 4670k
GPU - GTX 770
RAM - 2 x 4gb corsair vengeance
Hard Drives - 2 x 1TB Seagate

I installed mavericks with these settings, DSDT free because my motherboard does not need one. I changed nothing in the bios except making optimized defaults. VT-d is not supported with my CPU.
View attachment 78351
The installation was successful

When I turn on the computer I get the gigabyte logo then it auto goes to the error below. I tried pressing F12 and booting from all of the hard drives and everything else in the menu but nothing works.
View attachment 78352
I realized that I need to change GraphicsEnabler=No I put the usb in again and changed that on the usb and it booted fine but I can not change that on the actual hard drive that mavericks is installed on because I can not even get to the multibeast launch screen.

All help is appreciated, Thanks

Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 recommended Bios Settings & flags

If you're still needing help with anything, there's a quick fix for sound on my installation post here;
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ga-z87-hd3-i5-4670k-mavericks.html#post837907

- - - Updated - - -

If you're still needing help with anything, there's a quick fix for sound on my installation post here;
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/136532-success-guide-ga-z87-hd3-i5-4670k-mavericks.html#post837907

Why is your system unreliable, I have a GA-Z87X-HD3 and the thing works flawlessly.. I'm confused why your system isn't working.

Maybe i can help you ..

Major

I have searched until my eyes are bleeding...trying to find how to get my GA-Z87-HD3 pci ports to be recognized. Even went to Hackintool to view all the details of the PCI slots, and created a patch there...but ****!...I don't want to brick my nicely running High Sierra install. Can anyone point me in the right direction to what seems like a pretty straight ahead fix. I can put PCI adaptors with NVMe cards, and other things like USB 3 ports, and none of them are seen or functional. Though if I plug in any Nvidia GPU, it works like a champ...thats a PCI slot. What am I missing? Yes, I am a noob at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back