Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 multibeast setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
In MultiBeast with this board set the following

Quick Start -> DSDT Free

Drivers Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx -> ALC892
Graphics -> Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations
Misc -> FakeSMC(s)
Misc -> USB 3.0 - Universal (I think USB worked without this also)
Network -> RealtekTRL8111 v1.2.0

Customize -> Boot Options -> Basic Boot Options
Customize -> System Definitions -> iMac -> iMac 14,2

That should get you going

There is a problem with being able to compile a DSDT file with the F7 and F8 Bios, If you are needing to use DSDT then switch back to F6 and then extract, patch and compile your DSDT but DSTD free works fine until you get into more serious tweaking.

Hope that helps!

Hey All - Any help much appreciated.

Same MB, I can install OSX Mavericks using a bootable USB drive and get through the setup and everything but after the MultiBeast configuration I try to restart and can't get past the apple boot screen with the first spinner - won't even give me the rainbow wheel of death. Tried all the common boot flags for similar issues. Below are:

MultiBeast Config and -x -v boot.
MB Config_102514.jpgIMG_3425.JPG

I've hit a wall. I've tried probably 10 solutions to the same issue with no success. Again, any help would be very much appreciated. Cheers. 1<3TMX86

Hey All - Any help much appreciated.

Same MB, I can install OSX Mavericks using a bootable USB drive and get through the setup and everything but after the MultiBeast configuration I try to restart and can't get past the apple boot screen with the first spinner - won't even give me the rainbow wheel of death. Tried all the common boot flags for similar issues. Below are:

MultiBeast Config and -x -v boot.
View attachment 109841View attachment 109842

I've hit a wall. I've tried probably 10 solutions to the same issue with no success. Again, any help would be very much appreciated. Cheers. 1<3TMX86

From looking at your verbose screen shot your problem is most likely a graphics issue. This is borne out by your MultiBeast options where you are selecting the Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed configurations. This patch must only be applied if you are using a mixture of 6 & 7 series motherboard and CPU when using onboard graphics.

Re-install and leave that option unchecked. If your monitor is 1920x 1080P then you can also select the '1080P Display Mode' option under Customize.

From looking at your verbose screen shot your problem is most likely a graphics issue. This is borne out by your MultiBeast options where you are selecting the Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed configurations. This patch must only be applied if you are using a mixture of 6 & 7 series motherboard and CPU when using onboard graphics.

Re-install and leave that option unchecked. If your monitor is 1920x 1080P then you can also select the '1080P Display Mode' option under Customize.

Thanks very much for the advice. Tried the above fix and still encountered the same issue. New -v boot and -x -v boot screenshots. Got a kernel panic when I first tried to restart. Any further assistance would, as always, be greatly appreciated. It feels so close at this point. Cheers.
Kernel Panic xvBoot 102514.jpgvBoot 102614.JPG

Thanks very much for the advice. Tried the above fix and still encountered the same issue. New -v boot and -x -v boot screenshots. Got a kernel panic when I first tried to restart. Any further assistance would, as always, be greatly appreciated. It feels so close at this point. Cheers.
View attachment 110095View attachment 110096

What Graphics are you using - and exactly which model of processor do you have?

What Graphics are you using - and exactly which model of processor do you have?

Onboard graphics and Intel - Core i5-4690 Haswell Quad-Core 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel
HD Graphics 4600 BX80646I54690. Much appreciated.

Onboard graphics and Intel - Core i5-4690 Haswell Quad-Core 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel
HD Graphics 4600 BX80646I54690. Much appreciated.

In the UEFI/BIOS there is a setting for the processor called VT-d, make sure that this is disabled as it will prevent you from getting past this point. You can leave VT-x as enabled.

Use a DVI-D or HDMI connection from the motherboard to your monitor. Do not use 15 pin D-sub.

In the UEFI/BIOS there is a setting for the processor called VT-d, make sure that this is disabled as it will prevent you from getting past this point. You can leave VT-x as enabled.

Use a DVI-D or HDMI connection from the motherboard to your monitor. Do not use 15 pin D-sub.

IT WAS THE DVI!!! WooHoo is the only way to express how I feel. THANK YOU so much! I<34DR14N8! Let me know if there's any sort of official positive feedback I can leave somewhere! Cheers.

IT WAS THE DVI!!! WooHoo is the only way to express how I feel. THANK YOU so much! I<34DR14N8! Let me know if there's any sort of official positive feedback I can leave somewhere! Cheers.

Was the DVI port the problem or the solution? Good to hear that it is now running properly. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back