Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt (Updated to 10.8.2 and MultiBeast 5.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out Vizio locks the over/underscan when you are connected to HDMI... is there any way around this on the computer side. I did at that 1920x1080x32 flag... if I change these would it change the ratio? or no?

It shouldn't do, unless there's problems of it booting. I haven't had to it on mine, so should be OK to remove...

PEOPLE!

The absolute BEST way to solve issues is to keep your BIOS up to date, load optimised settings and disable wake on LAN.

If that doesn't help, then boot into safe mode with -x or if that doesn't work, try: -v -x -f -F ... This has worked for me.
Now you can install the whole MultiBeast shebang! And don't forget, DON'T install any USB 3.0 drivers!

I could not get HD 4000 and my GTX 650 card to work together. So I am using only the GTX 650. The problem is I am getting frequent, momentary, blue screens. It disappears after a few seconds and it doesn't cause a crash, yet. But they are becoming more and more frequent. And I can't get HD 4000 to work alone at all anymore.

Any help would sure be appreciated.

I missed adding the trim patch in Multibeast, can I just add it alone with nothing else?

Everything working great for me so far.

AM

I could not get HD 4000 and my GTX 650 card to work together. So I am using only the GTX 650. The problem is I am getting frequent, momentary, blue screens. It disappears after a few seconds and it doesn't cause a crash, yet. But they are becoming more and more frequent. And I can't get HD 4000 to work alone at all anymore.

Any help would sure be appreciated.

JohnSRQ,

The HD4000 and GTX650 CANNOT WORK TOGETHER because you are probably using the GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No arguments (Yes for the Intel to work, No for the GTX650 card to work) and not Alfa's Nvidia GTX6xx graphics patch method. So for it to BOTH WORK AT THE SAME TIME you need to update your Nvidia graphics card using Alfa's guide on Page 1 of this thread which is adding the 10.8.2 Supplemental Update and Macbook Air 2.0 card updates > Link. You will need to change your Systems Definition also but this should enable both cards to work at the same time.

I missed adding the trim patch in Multibeast, can I just add it alone with nothing else?

Everything working great for me so far.

AM

Ashman70,

I just used TrimEnabler 2.0 (google it) to do the job. That did the trick for me. :)

Thanks, did it, working great.

AM

I am trying to get HDMI audio to work out of the motherboard plug. I don't know if anyone has asked this before, but I can't get it to work with the ALC898 through Multibeast. But the headphone jacks do work, so I don't know what to do.

JohnSRQ,

The HD4000 and GTX650 CANNOT WORK TOGETHER because you are probably using the GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No arguments (Yes for the Intel to work, No for the GTX650 card to work) and not Alfa's Nvidia GTX6xx graphics patch method. So for it to BOTH WORK AT THE SAME TIME you need to update your Nvidia graphics card using Alfa's guide on Page 1 of this thread which is adding the 10.8.2 Supplemental Update and Macbook Air 2.0 card updates > Link. You will need to change your Systems Definition also but this should enable both cards to work at the same time.

You are exactly right. I'd not realized I needed to do the updates. I in installed the Macbook Air 2.0. The 10.8.2 supplemental refused. Is it maybe already in my version of ML (12C3012)? I am very happy to report GTX650 is finally working perfectly with one display and one tv. No more blue screens! Still unable to get both GTX and HD 4000. I am using GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=0 I'm not sure what the PCIRootUID=0 does.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back