Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt (Updated to 10.8.2 and MultiBeast 5.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting some error, but I don't see all of it, cuz I'm working on a TV screen, not Monitor. What I see is
"t0: GPT
t0:test
t0: GPT
t0:error"
I am so confused.
And it only works when using Unibeast.

It's the dreaded;) 'boot0: error' error. This guide has some solutions: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

-bth
That would help, expect after I updated the BIOS, I can't access anything now... If I go through normal boot, I get the boot0 error, If I go through Unibeast to the HD, I get hung up in the start up process, and if I go through Unibeast to Installer, I don't get past the Apple Logo screen. Any way to delete the hard drive, and start over?

That would help, expect after I updated the BIOS, I can't access anything now... If I go through normal boot, I get the boot0 error, If I go through Unibeast to the HD, I get hung up in the start up process, and if I go through Unibeast to Installer, I don't get past the Apple Logo screen. Any way to delete the hard drive, and start over?

If you can get to the opening OS X installation screen with your UniBeast stick, you can use Disk Utility from the 'Tools' menu to erase/reformat the drive.

-bth

Jreb58 & HP246,

Try following my guide here and see where you went wrong. If necessary check what Multibeast/BIOS settings you've used. I used BIOS F11 to cure all my problems>
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...th-wont-boot-without-x-option.html#post522256

Jreb, if you are using the Intel HD card only, you may need to use the "Graphics Mode"="1920x1200x32" as a kernel flag in your /Extras/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.
You can add it like this using Textedit:

<key>GraphicsMode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32></string>

HP246, you may need to check if your XHCI ports has been set to AUTO and if Preboot XHCI detection is turned on (to allow your USB 3.0 ports to be used at boot time). Also DO NOT INSTALL any USB 3.0 drivers with Multibeast - the onboard USB 3.0 will work with the native drivers.

I reinstall Mac OSx when i have my new GeForce GTX 580. Any changes when i install Win8 pro? Because in the Bios settings i can change jone setting to Windows 8 UEFI...

If you can get to the opening OS X installation screen with your UniBeast stick, you can use Disk Utility from the 'Tools' menu to erase/reformat the drive.

-bth
Thank you for helping, after some trial and error, I was finally able to access the hard disk by using Windows Vista install disk to wipe the hard drive, and then, using Unibeast to fix the hard drive for both the install and editing of that cursed error.

I have it working now, I am just having problems with HDMI. Don't get me wrong it works and I can see stuff, but I can't get it so I can see the top Menu bar, and the dock, but everything else is working perfectly. I am using the on board Intel HD 4000 right now. The picture shows the Apple Menu, and the dock when running in 1080p. 1080i is a really distorted image, also under scan has no affect, and when running on 720p it is filled with one screen. This is all I can see. How do I fix this?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1,009.3 KB · Views: 269
I reinstall Mac OSx when i have my new GeForce GTX 580. Any changes when i install Win8 pro? Because in the Bios settings i can change jone setting to Windows 8 UEFI...

HP246,

There's no need to make any further settings with Windows (AFAIK). It should all just work...

I should remind you, the best setting is to have the OSX as the first booting drive.

Hellish117,

See if your monitor has an underscan/overscan setting in the menus. Usually it is because the monitor is not set to this that it causes this problem.
Either that or you somehow have a) the screen res set too high in Display Preferences or b) a Graphics Mode setting in your /Extras/org.chameleon.Boot.plist which must be removed.

I have it working now, I am just having problems with HDMI. Don't get me wrong it works and I can see stuff, but I can't get it so I can see the top Menu bar, and the dock, but everything else is working perfectly. I am using the on board Intel HD 4000 right now. The picture shows the Apple Menu, and the dock when running in 1080p. 1080i is a really distorted image, also under scan has no affect, and when running on 720p it is filled with one screen. This is all I can see. How do I fix this?

I would be using the DVI cable unless this is a HDTV?

Turns out Vizio locks the over/underscan when you are connected to HDMI... is there any way around this on the computer side. I did at that 1920x1080x32 flag... if I change these would it change the ratio? or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back