Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt (Updated to 10.8.2 and MultiBeast 5.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JohnSRQ,

As for the MiniDP cable, that is strange....because the connector is the same design (should be). Are you sure it is the correct socket type? Can you attach a photo of the end connector for us to see? As I'm intrigued...

Middleman and Morko pointed me in the right direction, I'd not installed the MB properly so two metal pins were blocking slightly the MiniDP's. I set the MB back in right and now I can plug display into MiniDP. Working much better than DVI port for me.

Thanks again.

View attachment 43318
followed alphas simple guide to the tee, everything works until i restart then i get this, i am running the same hardware as alpha, i updated my bios to f12e, someone please help

what boot flags have you tried? Your using a GeForce 670, did you boot with "GraphicsEnabler=No"?

Hi guys,

i have this Board with an i7 3770K and a have massive problems with my USB Ports.

I have installed ML without problems, but when i plug any USB device in the USB PORT ( Front or Back or USB2 or USB 3) , ML Freeze...

Here is screenshot from boot verbose...

Has anybody the same issue/problem?

regards

Attachments

• boot2.JPG
    boot2.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 238
Hi guys,

i have this Board with an i7 3770K and a have massive problems with my USB Ports.

I have installed ML without problems, but when i plug any USB device in the USB PORT ( Front or Back or USB2 or USB 3) , ML Freeze...

Here is screenshot from boot verbose...

Has anybody the same issue/problem?

regards

Having the same issue (I think) Installed a while ago and hadn't booted into OSX for a couple of weeks (using Windows 8 w/ClassicShell as my primary OS) and last night when I booted into OSX it was fine at the login screen, but as soon as it hit the Desktop it froze up. Sometimes it will give me an error that I need to hold down the power button to turn my computer off. When booting with -s, I get the USB error shown in the picture above. I can type Exit and it will boot to the login screen, but again once it gets to the Desktop it freezes.

Jreb58 & HP246,

Try following my guide here and see where you went wrong. If necessary check what Multibeast/BIOS settings you've used. I used BIOS F11 to cure all my problems>
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...th-wont-boot-without-x-option.html#post522256

Jreb, if you are using the Intel HD card only, you may need to use the "Graphics Mode"="1920x1200x32" as a kernel flag in your /Extras/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.
You can add it like this using Textedit:

<key>GraphicsMode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32></string>

HP246, you may need to check if your XHCI ports has been set to AUTO and if Preboot XHCI detection is turned on (to allow your USB 3.0 ports to be used at boot time). Also DO NOT INSTALL any USB 3.0 drivers with Multibeast - the onboard USB 3.0 will work with the native drivers.

HP246, you may need to check if your XHCI ports has been set to AUTO and if Preboot XHCI detection is turned on (to allow your USB 3.0 ports to be used at boot time). Also DO NOT INSTALL any USB 3.0 drivers with Multibeast - the onboard USB 3.0 will work with the native drivers.

This is very true without these Bios settings you will have KP's

same here. must be because of this new bios.

Check the Wake on LAN setting in the BIOS. WoL when turned On will causes many motherboards not to shutdown properly, but just reboot.

-bth

NM, must not build hackintosh's late at night.......

AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back