Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt (Updated to 10.8.2 and MultiBeast 5.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Parkingmo,

How much have you set for the video RAM memory in the BIOS? If you are using the Intel as the main card I would suggest setting it to at least 512MB and trying it out again...

Just got my system up and running last night everything seems to be running well so far. Having a few issues:

1. BIOS or boot up apple screen does not appear on my 27 inch dell monitor, but will on my old 21 inch

2. Not sure what I did but mountain lion does not boot up automatically any more, it now sits at the screen to press enter to use mountain lion. In other words I must press enter for the machine to boot up at that screen. I'm thinking it has to do with the fact I partitioned by boot drive in half since I am going to install windows?

3. I am using a phantom 410 case and cannot get the front led lights or the or the power and reset switches to work. I have plugged the cables in as stated in the motherboard manual with no luck.

Thanks

Just got my system up and running last night everything seems to be running well so far. Having a few issues:

1. BIOS or boot up apple screen does not appear on my 27 inch dell monitor, but will on my old 21 inch

2. Not sure what I did but mountain lion does not boot up automatically any more, it now sits at the screen to press enter to use mountain lion. In other words I must press enter for the machine to boot up at that screen. I'm thinking it has to do with the fact I partitioned by boot drive in half since I am going to install windows?

3. I am using a phantom 410 case and cannot get the front led lights or the or the power and reset switches to work. I have plugged the cables in as stated in the motherboard manual with no luck.

Thanks

Big Nate,

Grats....you'll like the build I'm sure!
OK a few things

1) This happens to some as well. The screen must have some sort of under/overscan setting and it doesn't like it. You probably need to try to experiment with either that OR the amount of memory for the video. I found this blank screen at boot was more of a problem with the Intel card than on the Nvidia.

2) No, it's the timeout feature you're missing from /Extras/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.
Add this to the file with Textedit:

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>8</string>

3)Try to check the color of the cables and make sure it sits in the right pins. Usually the red cable goes with pin 1. With the lights open the front panel and check if they have a cable running out but not plugged in. That's usually the case with a few cases I've built where the cable is tucked away near the front.

Big Nate,

OK a few things

1) This happens to some as well. The screen must have some sort of under/overscan setting and it doesn't like it. You probably need to try to experiment with either that OR the amount of memory for the video. I found this blank screen at boot was more of a problem with the Intel card than on the Nvidia.

2) No, it's the timeout feature you're missing from /Extras/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>8</string>

3)Try to check the color of the cables and make sure it sits in the right pins. Usually the red cable goes with pin 1. With the lights open the front panel and check if they have a cable running out but not plugged in. That's usually the case with a few cases I've built where the cable is tucked away near the front.

Thanks for the quick reply and the build is great!

I'll try out your recommendations and report back.

Big Nate,

OK a few things

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>8</string>

Added that information to the file and it removed the no bios and boot screen issue! Now I can finally put away this other monitor :) I still must press enter though to boot up mountain lion. Not a big deal anymore now that I don't have to switch displays to see that screen. Anything else I could try?

Thanks

Big Nate,

Check to see if this is in the plist file also and remove it, that should do the trick:

<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Hi Parkingmo,

How much have you set for the video RAM memory in the BIOS? If you are using the Intel as the main card I would suggest setting it to at least 512MB and trying it out again...

Thank you for your help Middleman, unfortunately, i've actually 64 Mb set in the bios.

When i try to put other values (512 / 256 / 482 ...etc) it doesn't work, and instead of see my beautiful wallpaper, i see this:

Big Nate,

Check to see if this is in the plist file also and remove it, that should do the trick:

<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Still no luck, heres what the file looks like. I probably messed something up along the way:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>8</string>
</dict>
</plist> <string>7f0000000100000001000000730000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000005006201140000006800640061002d0067006600780000000d0000006f6e626f6172642d31</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back