Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt (Updated to 10.8.2 and MultiBeast 5.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Thanks for pointing me towards this updated thread. Where do I find the download for "Patched MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0"? That's the only step I haven't done on my current build. I'm wondering if it might fix my aperture Loupe problem with updated graphics drivers? Is that what this update is geared for?

Sorry about that. Fixed the guide.

Can you tell us how to enable OpenCL on MultiBeast 5.2? :)

What video card? The directions I posted will get both the HD4000 and the GTX 670/680 working.

Thanks !

It's fabulous for a great mac pro !

Can you complete your guide to overclock the system ?

thx !

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/upload/files/Gigabyte Sandy Bridge Overclocking Guide.pdf
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=47940

those links should help

Hi Alfa,

thank you for your guides! :)

I had problems using the iMac as system definition. My Final Cut hung every 2-5 minutes when using filters. My Terminal told me that an error with OpenGL (running the 660TI) occured. Sometimes even Force-Quit didn't work anymore.
Had to switch to Mac Pro 3,1. With that system definition everything works fine (even AirPlay).

Hmm. Odd. I'm surprised Airplay works with the Mac Pro definitions. I was referring to AirPlay mirroring to an Apple TV not just audio. Oops!

Does Airplay Mirroring work?

in addition to the quoted post above, anybody successfully enables audio passthrough for surround sound using SPDIF?

audio passthrough? Where you're using the board's SPDIF input and sending it right out via SPDIF out?

One thing I might like to mention to you all who maybe interested in setting up a RAID with this board is, the Areca ARC-1882X PCI-E card seems to read normally! :) I've yet to attach my RAID unit to it, but the board seems to check out OK in 10.8.2 (after checking via the ethernet interface). Probably because of Apple's new Areca native drivers. I will hopefully be testing it soon and letting you all know the results...

Hi,

first, thank you for this guide, I followed it and it got my new Hackintosh to work perfectly! The only issue I'm having for now is that when I put my computer to sleep, it wakes a few seconds later... Have you experienced any similar issues?

Thanks!

in addition to the quoted post above, anybody successfully enables audio passthrough for surround sound using SPDIF?

Yes, I have a Fiber optic cable running to my 5.1 Surround Sound Receiver. It works great, using DVDFab Media Player.

Hi,

first, thank you for this guide, I followed it and it got my new Hackintosh to work perfectly! The only issue I'm having for now is that when I put my computer to sleep, it wakes a few seconds later... Have you experienced any similar issues?

Thanks!

What hardware and BIOS version?

Yes, I have a Fiber optic cable running to my 5.1 Surround Sound Receiver. It works great, using DVDFab Media Player.
Hmm. Doesn't look like I have a SPDIF to motherboard header adapter or I would test it for you. Ebay has plenty for $10. Worth a shot. I use the SPDIF out to Bravo then my receiver and Schiit BiFrost. That works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back