Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt (Updated to 10.8.2 and MultiBeast 5.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anybody uses parallels? i cant get it to work on my GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH. when i open it, it crashes and restarts automatically.

:(

If anyone can find it please post a link here!!!

dunno where it went but its on his website home page as pre-patched pkg, http://hacksbyalfa.com/
or just change your sm bios to one of the newest macbooks temporarily, use either multibeast or chameleon wizard

it is on the pros os ssd, im not at home at minute i have trim enabler on the up5 but i havnt checked if it was enabled on the external ssd on either will report back when i find out but it will be tomorrow

right dont know whats going on here, dont think trim works with usb 3
system profiler up5

SATA drive to USB 3.0 MB:

Product ID: 0x55aa
Vendor ID: 0x174c (ASMedia Technology Inc.)
Version: 1.00
Serial Number: 100712128000000002D0
Speed: Up to 5 Gb/sec
Manufacturer: Taiwan ODM Maker
Location ID: 0x14b20000 / 8
Current Available (mA): 900
Current Required (mA): 0
Capacity: 256.06 GB (256,060,514,304 bytes)
Removable Media: Yes
Detachable Drive: Yes
BSD Name: disk5
Partition Map Type: GPT (GUID Partition Table)
S.M.A.R.T. status: Not Supported
Volumes:
disk5s1:
Capacity: 209.7 MB (209,715,200 bytes)
BSD Name: disk5s1
Content: EFI
Macintosh HD256:
Capacity: 255.72 GB (255,716,540,416 bytes)
Available: 231.25 GB (231,250,436,096 bytes)
Writable: Yes
File System: Journaled HFS+
BSD Name: disk5s2
Mount Point: /Volumes/Macintosh HD256
Content: Apple_HFS
Volume UUID: E4533DD5-68E5-30C2-B9F3-D62193645741

macbook pro system profiler

SATA drive to USB 3.0 MB:

Product ID: 0x55aa
Vendor ID: 0x174c (ASMedia Technology Inc.)
Version: 1.00
Serial Number: 100712128000000002D0
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Taiwan ODM Maker
Location ID: 0x1d110000 / 6
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 0
Capacity: 256.06 GB (256,060,514,304 bytes)
Removable Media: Yes
Detachable Drive: Yes
BSD Name: disk1
Partition Map Type: GPT (GUID Partition Table)
S.M.A.R.T. status: Not Supported
Volumes:
disk1s1:
Capacity: 209.7 MB (209,715,200 bytes)
BSD Name: disk1s1
Content: EFI
Macintosh HD256:
Capacity: 255.72 GB (255,716,540,416 bytes)
Available: 231.25 GB (231,250,452,480 bytes)
Writable: Yes
File System: Journaled HFS+
BSD Name: disk1s2
Mount Point: /Volumes/Macintosh HD256
Content: Apple_HFS
Volume UUID: E4533DD5-68E5-30C2-B9F3-D62193645741

maybe someone has an idea whats going on

Hi all,
I've crosspost this msg because I've basicly followed both the Alpha guide and the Stork's one.
So I've just finished setting up my new rig:
i7-3770 | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | HD4000 (only) | mobo BIOS F11
other relevant hw: a boot SSD, Apple USB keyboard, Apple Magic Trackpad, Jabra BT dongle.

I've installed ML 10.8.2 as per this guide and used MB 5.2.1. I've also injected the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and GraphicsEnabler is set to No. Then below the GraphicsEnabler line copy and I past the text from the text file . I've used the iMac 12,2 def.

I must say that everything is working great so Kudos to Alpha and Stork for these guides. :)

But I have just 3 weird behaviours:

1) the build sleeps manually and automatically just fine. But when I wake it up the USB keyboard doesn't work, and I have to manually disconnect it and reconnect it. While the trackpad, or Magic mouse, both work just fine out of the sleep. Any hints? Do I have to buy a wireless keyboard?:thumbdown:
2) BT dongles: the Jabra A320 pairs just fine with trackpad or magicmouse as well. While the other bt adapter I bought, the Targus asks me to pair it with a keyboard (which I don't own) and it seems not to pair with either the trackpad or the mouse. Why?Do I have to use two separate dongles? :?:
3) Air Play: here it's a very strange stuff: if my ATV2 is on with AirPlay option on, the sound of my rig goes directly to my TV, just the sound without video and there is no way to redirect it. In the AirPlaymenu, the "off" option is disabled and only "Apple TV" is on. I cannot have my audio back till I set the ATV2 on sleep or off!!! :banghead:

Another minor annoyance is that the Pstates are only two: 16x and 34x, no other Pstates but why? How can we change this?

Thanks you!

I have a Core i7-3770, a 240GB SanDisk Extreme SSD, vanilla EVGA GTX 670, and Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB of RAM.
I followed the previous guide for this motherboard and it worked perfectly, and then the new Multibeast came out so I've tried following this guide.

Did a clean install, tried following the exact steps for this guide a few times, and TRIM ends up getting disabled no matter what after applying the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air supplemental update, and sometimes the audio device is not detected on reboot.

What exactly does that update do, and is it even worth it? Should I just use the previous guide for this motherboard and previous version of Multibeast until 10.8.3 is released to avoid the whole supplemental MacBook update and such?

I have a Core i7-3770, a 240GB SanDisk Extreme SSD, vanilla EVGA GTX 670, and Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB of RAM.
I followed the previous guide for this motherboard and it worked perfectly, and then the new Multibeast came out so I've tried following this guide.

Did a clean install, tried following the exact steps for this guide a few times, and TRIM ends up getting disabled no matter what after applying the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air supplemental update, and sometimes the audio device is not detected on reboot.

What exactly does that update do, and is it even worth it? Should I just use the previous guide for this motherboard and previous version of Multibeast until 10.8.3 is released to avoid the whole supplemental MacBook update and such?

cant see why the update gave u problems but the update is more important for the 650 and 660 gfx cards, not so much for everybody else (minor update) u can wait for 10.8.3

Hi all,
I've crosspost this msg because I've basicly followed both the Alpha guide and the Stork's one.
So I've just finished setting up my new rig:
i7-3770 | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | HD4000 (only) | mobo BIOS F11
other relevant hw: a boot SSD, Apple USB keyboard, Apple Magic Trackpad, Jabra BT dongle.

I've installed ML 10.8.2 as per this guide and used MB 5.2.1. I've also injected the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and GraphicsEnabler is set to No. Then below the GraphicsEnabler line copy and I past the text from the text file . I've used the iMac 12,2 def.

I must say that everything is working great so Kudos to Alpha and Stork for these guides. :)

But I have just 3 weird behaviours:

1) the build sleeps manually and automatically just fine. But when I wake it up the USB keyboard doesn't work, and I have to manually disconnect it and reconnect it. While the trackpad, or Magic mouse, both work just fine out of the sleep. Any hints? Do I have to buy a wireless keyboard?:thumbdown:

no idea why, but going into the bios and disabling "auto core PLL voltage" seems to cure some USB problems. for me it was unresponsive USB keyboard/mouse for 20-30 seconds after wake, and also USB disks would be 'force ejected'. turing off that setting fixed it. seems crazy that it would have anything to do with USB.

I do, it works fine, did you enable virtualization in bios?

I got it work. I have to use the highest amount of RAM for the program to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back