Graphics
GeForce GTX570HD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I built up my system and then followed the tonymacx86 directions exactly to install system software. The Unibeast screen appears, I select USB, -v, hit enter, the screen fills many times running through the load-up and then it stops, the monitor goes black (then to a 'no signal' screen). The motherboard displays "A0" on the LED readout and is not shut down. I manually power it off. I have downloaded the sw again, tried multiple USB drives. I set everything in the BIOS as stated in the directions.

It seems to hang up with this displayed:

unable to open var/db/bootcache.playlist: no such file or directory

SYSTEM:
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH motherboard
Intel Core i7 3770K
Antec Pro 850W Power Supply
Corsair H60 Hydro CPU Cooler
32GB Corsair DDR3 RAM
GeForce GTX570 HD 2.5 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
120 GB SSD

I am at a loss. . .please help!

Exactly the same thing happens to me but I have ASRock G41MH/USB3.0 Motherboard

Sadly, that did not work -- it did the same thing. I did notice that I missed the first part of the line of info where it hangs and then the monitor goes:

Bootcache: unable to open: var/db/bootcache.playlist: no such file or directory

Any help would be most appreciated -- Thanks!!

Which USB port is your usb drive pluged into? (USB 2.0 or 3.0)

I don't suppose you could post a picture of when it errors out? It might shed more light

I am currently using the USB 2.0 port, but have tried both with the same problem. I took a photo - there was one more line, but it disappeared too quickly (something about ethernet). But, here is the photo.

computerError.jpg

Any help is most appreciated!!

I'm no expert just having my own build to go on but it is beginning to sound like a video problem to me.

Have you tried booting with graphicsenabler=no?

Other things to try/think about:

- BIOS settings - Do you have the HD4000 on Disabled, Auto, or Primary?

- Is your monitor plugged into the MoBo or the GPU?

- Are you using the DVI and not the VGA?

I'm no expert just having my own build to go on but it is beginning to sound like a video problem to me.

Have you tried booting with graphicsenabler=no?

Other things to try/think about:

- BIOS settings - Do you have the HD4000 on Disabled, Auto, or Primary?

- Is your monitor plugged into the MoBo or the GPU?

- Are you using the DVI and not the VGA?

Just adding if your using HD4000 then are you allocating the proper amount of RAM to that graphics port?

This was indeed a video card issue, it seems. Finally took out the graphics card (GeForce GTX570 HD 2560MB GDDR5 SLI Ready) and got into the install of the system. Now, can anyone tell me how I get my video card to work? Or, will I simply install it post-system install and drivers will be available. . .any help?

Thanks!!

If you have your monitor connected to your 570 and have the BIOS settings set so that the 570 is the Primary GPU and the HD4000 is disabled you should be able to install with the card connected...then again, you should be able to have both operational if in the BIOS you enable both and have the HD4000 set as primary from what I've read.

Have you takes a look at alfa147x's blog?

My GPU card should be here by friday, so I could tell you more then but you'd have to wait :/

Yes, that is what I thought, but for some reason it did not work. I had not seen the alpha147x blog, but see that it will be useful -- thank you! I am now trying to boot into the sys installed on the computer, but it does not want to comply. . .after I get that handled, I am going to try to install the graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back