GA-Z77x-UP4 TH
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
Asus GTX 1060 6GB OC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I have been using OS X 10.9 up until a few months ago when I upgraded my GPU from a GT430 to a GTX1060 (I wasn't using OS X for a while at the time of the upgrade so I didn't know better about the nVidia compatibility) and so I now had to go from Mavericks to the last High Sierra version (10.13.6 + Update 005) to use the Web drivers. But the problem now is that since moving from 10.9 I lost 4 of the 6 back usb ports on the MoBo, and multibeast didn't seem to solve the problem. Then I found this thread today, but since this was from the 10.7/10.8 days, I'm unsure if it would be safe ( or even work at all) to use the kext linked there, or if it would specifically only work for said old systems.

Thx in advance!

You need to read and follow this guide by UtterDisbelief for your USB configuration - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

By staying on Mavericks you missed all the fun that Apple introduced with El Capitan, namely the USB 15 port limit per controller. This is why some of your back plate USB ports don't work. Your system will only be activating the first 15 USB ports it finds. Usually HS01 to HS14 (all USB2 ports) inclusive and possibly SS01 (USB3 port)

Well, after simply running Hackintool once it somehow worked itself out, no idea what happened there but its going alright for now, only my 2 front USB2.0 still off, but those won't really make any difference to me as I only use front ports for my DS4 controller, and I have one port working fine there. Thank you very much for your help though, whatever the hell happened that made it work again, it only did 'cause the thread you linked here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back