Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WiFi DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I‘ve pretty much got the same specs as most people
Gigabyte GA-Z77x UD5H (F5)
8GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte LV (2x4GB) 1600 (PC3-12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM CAS 9-9-9-24 1.35V
(No Graphics card)

I believe i have set my bios correctly - although i am not able to find a definitive guide for this particular mobo bios settings as yet.

My problem is I use Chimera to boot, the splash screen comes up and i pop in my disc

Now maybe this is my fault am i able to use my MacBook Installation cd that came with my MacBook many years ago? Because when i play that disc in the drive the Apple grey screen comes up and indefinitely loads? Any suggestions? Could this be a bios problem or a case of using the wrong disc?

The reason i am worried is because i have an old G5 - i took the HDD out for that, placed it into my would be hackintosh - used chimera to boot and then select the hard drive. the exact same thing occurs - the apple logo loading screen indefinitely loads.

ChairMao said:
I‘ve pretty much got the same specs as most people
Gigabyte GA-Z77x UD5H (F5)
8GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte LV (2x4GB) 1600 (PC3-12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM CAS 9-9-9-24 1.35V
(No Graphics card)

I believe i have set my bios correctly - although i am not able to find a definitive guide for this particular mobo bios settings as yet.

My problem is I use Chimera to boot, the splash screen comes up and i pop in my disc

Now maybe this is my fault am i able to use my MacBook Installation cd that came with my MacBook many years ago? Because when i play that disc in the drive the Apple grey screen comes up and indefinitely loads? Any suggestions? Could this be a bios problem or a case of using the wrong disc?

The reason i am worried is because i have an old G5 - i took the HDD out for that, placed it into my would be hackintosh - used chimera to boot and then select the hard drive. the exact same thing occurs - the apple logo loading screen indefinitely loads.

For settings just load the defoult and you are good to go you just need to create a USB if you are installing lion ..

and you need to update your bios

ramirorobles said:
and you need to update your bios

Should i update to F7 or F8? Maybe noobish but i thought since the DSDT says F5 i should only flash to that. Would you think it is that which is causing me to get the indefinite load?

I have F7 and i don't use DSDS this mono works perfect whit no DSDT ( whit lion 10.7.4)

You are Sandy, tho, while OP is Ivy. I just did my first Hackintosh this week with the same board and 3770K. It has been much easier than anticipated, largely due to the massive amount of info and help around here.

Back to the point, I just got to testing sleep tonight. Sleep works fine. It's the not waking up that's the problem. I'm just starting to look for an answer. If I can find some time, maybe a flash to F7 and no DSDT would be worth a shot - unless someone has already tried that.

I haven't tried with my Ivy chip yet, but the board woke fine for sleep with a Sandy chip for me and I put it to sleep and woke it up several times in a row. That was using a discrete graphics card as well, as I couldn't get the IGP to work for whatever reason.

Have tried virtually every combo of BIOS and Multibeast settings I can find here. At a loss, as neither wake nor sound are working correctly for me. Sound doesn't bother me too much, as I usually go through USB. As for the waking, boot time off of a SSD is ~20sec, so might just go that route. In other words, think I'll just go on to setting up the rest of the system and wait until someone has a definitive solution or maybe Mountain Lion "fixes".

Well that sucks, I got the WIFI card version to use WIFI & Bluetooth, but mainly Bluetooth and wifi to be on the same net as iPhone/iPad for reflection. Guess I should have confirmed the card worked. It was only like $20 difference but I was hoping it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back