Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WiFi DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm eying the GA-Z77X-UD5H as well but do not really care for the WiFi, Bluetooth bundle.
i really hope tonymacx does not switch the mobos they prefer to maybe asus
and i really hope they can get the DSDT for GA-Z77X-UD5H ASAHumanlyPossible.
and also there is talk about UEFI bios in gigabytes but this one has AMI EFI BIOS
isn't that the same as current? if so then shouldn't it be able to easily be able to support hackintosh?

thnx

these have dual bios, so you could easily switch between bios'es for and specific dual boot with windows eg.

i hope dsdt arrive asap too :) Ordered everything except for the CPU (going for a 3770K) but that's not out yet unfortunately, hopely end of this month..

I'll make a dual boot between win7 64bit (pure for eyefinity gaming) and 10.7 Lion. And obviously 10.8 when it comes out. Been running the beta as a VM, but i don;t want my main system running a beta at the moment.

I haven't decided yet if i'll take the ud5h with or without bluetooth and wifi, can't really image using it very often, on the other hand the difference is only about 15 euro. So i thought why not :D

Well, the board works just fine with a 2500K, or at least it installs and so on, but the CPU graphics prevents me from booting with some error code, so I'm using a graphics card.
We got both Ethernet interfaces working, but the Wi-Fi card is no go for Wi-Fi, but Bluetooth is OOB.
Haven't fiddled with the audio as yet, but apart from that everything except the Intel USB 3.0 appears to be working as intended. All USB ports seems to be working fine, even the ones behind the VLI USB 3.0 hubs.
I'll have a chat with the other guys about doing a DSDT at some point soon.

thelostswede said:
Well, the board works just fine with a 2500K, or at least it installs and so on, but the CPU graphics prevents me from booting with some error code, so I'm using a graphics card.
We got both Ethernet interfaces working, but the Wi-Fi card is no go for Wi-Fi, but Bluetooth is OOB.
Haven't fiddled with the audio as yet, but apart from that everything except the Intel USB 3.0 appears to be working as intended. All USB ports seems to be working fine, even the ones behind the VLI USB 3.0 hubs.
I'll have a chat with the other guys about doing a DSDT at some point soon.

aah good news! i personally couldn't care less about the audio, i'm using an external firewire interface (motu 828 mk3) but to see bluetooth working OOB is great. I was planning on using a magic trackpad, and i rather have bluetooth working on board which saves me a USB port, than buy a usb dongle, which for me justifies the 15 euro extra.

i think i might order it today :D

Ivy Bridge won't be supported until Apple adds Kernel support. Otherwise a patched Kernel will be needed for a fully working system. I don't edit DSDT's any more, but as I said, we're looking into things.

synnys - I thought it worked OOB, but it turns out that it can't actually find any devices :(
Not sure what's going on, but the actual Bluetooth controller shows up as working, but it doesn't actually do anything. You might be better off getting a UD5H without the Wi-Fi card if available and make one of the cards suggested elsewhere in the forums that are guaranteed to work.

thelostswede said:
Ivy Bridge won't be supported until Apple adds Kernel support. Otherwise a patched Kernel will be needed for a fully working system. I don't edit DSDT's any more, but as I said, we're looking into things.

synnys - I thought it worked OOB, but it turns out that it can't actually find any devices :(
Not sure what's going on, but the actual Bluetooth controller shows up as working, but it doesn't actually do anything. You might be better off getting a UD5H without the Wi-Fi card if available and make one of the cards suggested elsewhere in the forums that are guaranteed to work.

too late, already ordered :D

I think there's a fair chance to get the Bluetooth working, but it might require some work. The fact that it shows up as detected by the OS is a good thing though, but I don't know why it's not being able to find any devices.

Apart from that, it's a really nice motherboard. If you're planning on dual-booting into Windows, be aware that the Wi-Fi card is either 300Mbps Wi-Fi or 150Mbps Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth 3.0/4.0

anything new for this motherboard???

ramirorobles said:
anything new for this motherboard???

Just ordered the board myself with a 3770k. I went for the wifi card version as it was only £15 more. I will be tri booting with windows osx and linux (This will be my first hackintosh)

Attachments

• Invoice.JPG
    Invoice.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 427
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back