Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WiFi DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Just want to report I've successfully got the following to work with Mountain Lion OSX 10.8:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB Motherboard (BIOS revision F8)
INTEL CORE i7 3770K IVY BRIDGE 3.5GHz 8MB
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Overclocked Video Card - GDDR5 2048MB
G.SKILL 16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 RIPJAWS X C10
OCZ Vertex 4 2.5" 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD)

Important points:
*No DSDT required;
*Audio only worked when I ran Multibeast (Lion version only available ATM) and patched ALC898 kext;
*Patched Atheros kext in Multibeast to get Ethernet working. There is an Atheros and Intel ethernet port on this mobo. I also added Ethernet=BuiltIn flag to plist;

Next stage is to get BT working with add-on card but it sounds as though this may be operable OOB.
It also sounds like some people are having sleep issues. A few wines and a soft pillow might help. But seriously, I've turned off all sleep functionality and haven't had issues. But there is a kext for this I believe.

VERY happy so far...
Thanks.

Hello!!! I'm happy to find this configuration. I have the components since 2 years but I can't yet to make them worked. I explain: I have the same motherboard (GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H-WB Z77 4XDDR3 ATX), with the same graphics (GIGABYTE GTX660 Ti) and the same CPU (CPU INTEL CORE i7 3770K 3.5 GHZ). I was able to install unibeast ok, but logically don't works the sound and the network (neither wifi neither ethernet). Also I don't know if the rest of the system works well enough. I read that it isn't necessary to make DSDT, but I suppose that I have to make something with the multibeast. The problem is that the tries i did I had bad results and I had to reinstall the first steps. If you can help me on this point I will stay very grateful.

thanks for all,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back