Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

As the GA-Z77X-UD3H is often dubbed to be (one of) the best Hackintoshable mainboards, I'm surprised to find the amount of trouble I am having in getting the sound to work (VIA VT2021).
There are various guides around but most seem to deal with older versions of OSX, as this is a 2012 board, obviously.

But does anyone have a solution on getting it to work with 10.13 High Sierra?

I'm pretty new at this as this is my first build, after geting seriously hacked off with Win10. I have built PCs since the 1980s though and I do have some basic programming skills, so I'm not a novice at computing, but I have not edited kexts before and such.

I have used the TonyMac guide with Unibeast & Multibeast to install High Sierra on a spare 64Gb SSD in my otherwise 4-drive Windows 10 machine. Everything else works, I believe. Not sure about the USB3.0 ports. But definitely no sound. There isn't even any unrecognised hardware showing!
(Currently, I disable all the Windows drives in BIOS if I want to boot to OSX, but a dual-boot option at startup would be pretty cool too as my son still uses the Windows 10 OS with XBoring. All my Windows drives are NTFS though.)

So if anyone could help me get the sound to work, then that would be fabulous!

Many thanks!

Via audio has always been a challenge. A very good option is to look at a USB audio solution which is a simple plug and play option which works on any working USB port. The Silver model is the model to get as it seems to have better impedence characteristics.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OJ5AV8I/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Find it listed in the Buyers Guide > Accessories if you are not in the USA.

Thank you. That is very interesting.
Would you know how the sound compares with the VT2021?
I assume this product is just a simple DAC? There is very little tech spec anywhere, even on the manufacturer's website!

The sound will be far superior to VT2021. Yes it is a simple DAC that works with Apple's own USB audio kext.

Well, actually, I just got it to work without any extra parts!
Not entirely sure how I did it but I spent considerable time removing every trace of VoodooHDA and associated files and then changed some Clover Auto options in the boot menu. Had to rush to work so can't share the details at the moment.

Well, actually, I just got it to work without any extra parts!
Not entirely sure how I did it but I spent considerable time removing every trace of VoodooHDA and associated files and then changed some Clover Auto options in the boot menu. Had to rush to work so can't share the details at the moment.
Hi there, I have the same motheboard, but having issues with the USB 3.0 ports. Can only get them working with GenericUSBXHCI.kext but as long as I use this kext the computer won't shutdown... How did you manage your USB ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back