Contribute
Register

Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h / i5-3570k / HD4000 works except for Via sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys - friend of mine has this board, managed to get it up and running with help from this guide, thanks so much. A word to the wise: the Unibeast installer will NOT boot in a USB 3.0 port unmodified. To solve this, I ran Multibeast on the Unibeast drive and installed the Generic USB 3.0 Kext in Unibeast. This also works if you want to use a PS/2 Keyboard for the install, though it might not work afterwards, as these two kexts are not transferred during the install. Anyway, good luck and thanks again.
-IC

Hey, guys - friend of mine has this board, managed to get it up and running with help from this guide, thanks so much. A word to the wise: the Unibeast installer will NOT boot in a USB 3.0 port unmodified. To solve this, I ran Multibeast on the Unibeast drive and installed the Generic USB 3.0 Kext in Unibeast. This also works if you want to use a PS/2 Keyboard for the install, though it might not work afterwards, as these two kexts are not transferred during the install. Anyway, good luck and thanks again.
-IC

Was that with Mavericks?
I never got USB3 running with ML, but now it's working without the extra kext ...

Was that with Mavericks?
I never got USB3 running with ML, but now it's working without the extra kext ...

Yeah, I just ran the Mavericks upgrade. Not sure if Mavericks doesn't need it, since I went ahead and installed the kexts to be safe, but I upgraded even more seamlessly than I did on my "real" Macs.

Today : Clean Install of Mavericks.
During the install, usb 3 works natively but after reboot, the USB3 ports don't work anymore. I failed to install GENERICUSB kext.

The two USB3 ports under the ethernet connector should work, at least they do on my machine (rev 1.0 ).
If you need more ports, use a front panel connector and connect it to the internal headers.

What's your motherboard version? ver. 1.0 or ver 1.1?
Thanks!

It is quite simple.
Sapphire112 has provided a DSDT, a audio (HDA) kext , a USB kext, plus his extra folder. (tutto = everything)

If you system is stable, then you don't want to simply copy his entire extra folder, which includes files specific to his hardware/install SO:

1) Simply copy the Sapphire's DSDT to your own extra folder
2) Run latest Multibeast and install Generic/Universal USB 3.0 Kext, OR
2b) place the GenericUSB kext on your desktop
2) place Sapphire's HDA kext on your desktop
3) Run KextBeast to intall the kests
4)repair permissions

WORKED like a charm: VIA Usb working and SOUND!

If your sytem is unstable as a whole you might want to simply copy his entire EXTRA folder... but a clean stable install would probably be worth the effort if you've screwed your system by too much experimenting.

I updated to 10.8.5 and my backpanel audio isn't working anymore. Tried this method and tried reinstalling chameleon but still nothing. Any advice?

It is quite simple.
Sapphire112 has provided a DSDT, a audio (HDA) kext , a USB kext, plus his extra folder. (tutto = everything)

If you system is stable, then you don't want to simply copy his entire extra folder, which includes files specific to his hardware/install SO:

1) Simply copy the Sapphire's DSDT to your own extra folder
2) Run latest Multibeast and install Generic/Universal USB 3.0 Kext, OR
2b) place the GenericUSB kext on your desktop
2) place Sapphire's HDA kext on your desktop
3) Run KextBeast to intall the kests
4)repair permissions

WORKED like a charm: VIA Usb working and SOUND!

If your sytem is unstable as a whole you might want to simply copy his entire EXTRA folder... but a clean stable install would probably be worth the effort if you've screwed your system by too much experimenting.

Hi! I want to ask you if the file exported from the BIOS save option can be open in anyway from OSX o another way. Even, I´ve exported my settings but couldn´t find the file. Also i wrote Gigabyte about this subject but had no answer. Thank you for your comment!

Here is a copy of my Bios settings -- if you uncompress the zip and copy the file onto a FAT-formatted usb-stick, you can load it into your Bios if it is the same F17 version on the GA-Z77X-UD3H, that way it would be sure to have identical settings to those that work on my machine. (After entering Bios, in the "Save & Exit" section -> Load Profiles -> Select File from HDD/USB)

Hi! I had a Gigabyte answer where and how to read BIOS settings saved. Even it is in spanish i suppose you will understand where to download the necessary file and go on ...

"
Estimado Jorge: Le comento que el archivo que guarda la configuración del BIOS lo puede encontrar dando doble click sobre el ejecutable que usted puede descargar desde la web oficial de gigabyte (http://ar.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4441#bios).
En este caso le recomendamos descargar la versión F18.
Una ves que usted ejecuto el archivo se van a generar 3 archivos. El archivo que finaliza en ".f18" es el archivo que contiene la configuración del BIOS propiamente.
Espero que esa información le haya sido útil.
Gracias por confiar en nuestro servicio.
"
Good luck!

Hello Jorge

The link that Gigabyte sent you just tells you where to download the BIOS file for flashing an updated BIOS version into the MB, not how to interpret the settings file.
The file itself must be a proprietary binary file. Enclosed is a screenshot of the hex code -- you can see it puts the current Bios version F18 and the language setting en-US. The rest is binary ...
The corresponding settings file for the current F18 bios is also attached, but be aware that I have a rev 1.0 board and the settings file may not be the same on later revisions.

Attachments

• hex-view.PNG
    hex-view.PNG
    46 KB · Views: 239
  • bios-settings-F18.zip
    619 bytes · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back