Contribute
Register

Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h / i5-3570k / HD4000 works except for Via sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have to run multibeast everytime you do an update?
I cannot get my usb to work on this board and a express usb3 doesnt work either.
thanks for any info.

It is quite simple.
Sapphire112 has provided a DSDT, a audio (HDA) kext , a USB kext, plus his extra folder. (tutto = everything)

If you system is stable, then you don't want to simply copy his entire extra folder, which includes files specific to his hardware/install SO:

1) Simply copy the Sapphire's DSDT to your own extra folder
2) Run latest Multibeast and install Generic/Universal USB 3.0 Kext, OR
2b) place the GenericUSB kext on your desktop
2) place Sapphire's HDA kext on your desktop
3) Run KextBeast to intall the kests
4)repair permissions

WORKED like a charm: VIA Usb working and SOUND!

If your sytem is unstable as a whole you might want to simply copy his entire EXTRA folder... but a clean stable install would probably be worth the effort if you've screwed your system by too much experimenting.

You do not have Chameleon/Chimera bootloader installed properly. Which is also why Sapphire'S DSDT won't help you with sound.

Re-install Chimera/Bootloader via Multibeast. Then follow the steps I posted before.
It is also a good idea to update your Bios if you haven't done so.

Does someone try Mavericks with the z77x-ud3h ?

Just tried, and it works fine on my rev. 1.0 board (new ones are now on 1.1, so I can't say how it goes there).

I would suggest a clean install on an extra HD, using the latest Unibeast and Multibeast.

Take DSDT-free and select only Atheros Ethernet driver.
(You can always add later drivers once you get it working this far.)

What's about the USB 3 (works with kext ?) ? and sound ?

For sound, the patched DSDT.aml prepared as per Toleda's method still works for me (links in post#1 of this thread).

USB3 seems to work natively now - haven't done much testing, but trying just now with a USB3.0 HD enclosure displaying itself as a IS888 chip in System Report it was going up to 100 MB/sec (the limit of the spinning HD in the enclosure, whereas USB2 would have topped off at 30-33 MB/sec).

I also switched to clover-efi as the permanent boot loader some time ago. Once the Multibeast installation was working properly, the Clover configuration turned out to be quite simple, and if you use it in UEFI-only mode it boots very fast (it goes to the Apple logo almost instantly after POST).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back