Contribute
Register

Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h / i5-3570k / HD4000 works except for Via sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I'm French so I'm sorry for my basic English. I just success in installing Hackintosh with this configuration :
- Gigabyte Z77-ud3h
- I5-3570k
- Nvidia GT640

Thanks to everyone on this post !
I followed several posts but I was blocked with the error "Still waiting for root device" when I booted on the stick USB (all USB ports - even below Eternet didn't work. I bought a PCI USB 2 and I successed int the installation. Juste an advice, my method with PCI card works but, we have to change USB ports : Boot is not available on PCI Card. I boot from USB 3 Ports then when the boot is done, I plug my flashdrive on PCI Card (and mouse and keyboard) during the verbose mode. All works fine with 10.8.2, without GPU.
Options in Multi beast : just Network (Atheros) and DSDT Free.
Reboot without GPU then reboot with the GPU. If KP (<10.8.2) use "GraphicsEnabler=No".
Then, i installed VoodooHDAVT 2.7.2 with multibeast and GenericUSB.kext manually.

That's all !
Just two questions :
- With these kexts (VoodooHDA VT2.2.7 and GenericUSB from Sapphyre, can I update to 10.8.3 ?
- To save my system : basic Time Machine or Clone ?

Thanks !

Brithe,

Hi everyone,
I'm French so I'm sorry for my basic English. I just success in installing Hackintosh with this configuration :
- Gigabyte Z77-ud3h
- I5-3570k
- Nvidia GT640

Thanks to everyone on this post !
I followed several posts but I was blocked with the error "Still waiting for root device" when I booted on the stick USB (all USB ports - even below Eternet didn't work. I bought a PCI USB 2 and I successed int the installation. Juste an advice, my method with PCI card works but, we have to change USB ports : Boot is not available on PCI Card. I boot from USB 3 Ports then when the boot is done, I plug my flashdrive on PCI Card (and mouse and keyboard) during the verbose mode. All works fine with 10.8.2, without GPU.
Options in Multi beast : just Network (Atheros) and DSDT Free.
Reboot without GPU then reboot with the GPU. If KP (<10.8.2) use "GraphicsEnabler=No".
Then, i installed VoodooHDAVT 2.7.2 with multibeast and GenericUSB.kext manually.

That's all !
Just two questions :
- With these kexts (VoodooHDA VT2.2.7 and GenericUSB from Sapphyre, can I update to 10.8.3 ?
- To save my system : basic Time Machine or Clone ?

Thanks !

Brithe,

Salut Brithe,
le français n'est pas ma langue d'origine, mais j'habite en France aussi!
Pour le USB, la solution la plus simple que j'utilise aussi est de brancher les ports usb2 de la façade du boitier sur un des "header" USB2 internes -- cela devrait marcher, si non, il faut vérifier les parametres du BIOS relatifs au USB. Chez moi cela fonctionne avec les valeurs selon les deux images ci-jointes.
Je me méfie de tous les kexts Voodoo -- avec des enceintes USB on évite le risque.
Pour les essais, le mieux est de cloner sur un 2e disque dur avec SuperDuper ou Carbon Copy Cloner.
J'essaierais une installation 10.8.3 propre sans le Voodoo et sans GenericUSB ...

Attachments

• Peripherals1.png
    Peripherals1.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 641
  • Peripherals2.png
    Peripherals2.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 432
Salut Brithe,
le français n'est pas ma langue d'origine, mais j'habite en France aussi!
Pour le USB, la solution la plus simple que j'utilise aussi est de brancher les ports usb2 de la façade du boitier sur un des "header" USB2 internes -- cela devrait marcher, si non, il faut vérifier les parametres du BIOS relatifs au USB. Chez moi cela fonctionne avec les valeurs selon les deux images ci-jointes.
Je me méfie de tous les kexts Voodoo -- avec des enceintes USB on évite le risque.
Pour les essais, le mieux est de cloner sur un 2e disque dur avec SuperDuper ou Carbon Copy Cloner.
J'essaierais une installation 10.8.3 propre sans le Voodoo et sans GenericUSB ...

Merci,
Mes ports USB de façade sont tous en USB 3 également. D'où mon problème. Je ne voulais pas racheter un front panel USB 2 :). Ca a marché même s'il a fallu jongler sans arrêt.
Le Voodoo, c'est en attendant de racheter des enceintes USB ou une éventuelle carte son. GenericUSB est bien pratique car tous mes ports USB sont en USB 3, à l'exception de ceux de la carte PCI.
---
Thanks,
All my frontpanel USB ports are USB 3 ans I didn't want buy a new USB 2 frontpanel, so the PCI card was the solution. That works even if it was complicated.

EDIT May, 28th : I removed VoodooHDA and replaced by sapphyre's appleHDA.kext. Upgrade to 10.8.3 by Apple's combo. Everything works !
EDIT 2 June, 5th : Upgrade to 10.8.4 withe Apple's combo. Everything works after replace the appleHDA by the sapphyre's one.

Brith,

Running 10.8.3 on a GA-Z77Z-UD3H with an I5 CPU (3.4GHZ), 32 GB installed. Installed virtual box and loaded a couple of guest OS-es. These run fine. However I find VBox a bit slow. Tried Vmware Fusion 3.1.4, but this one is not supported for ML. Ok, bought fusion 5.0.3. Installed it, created a fresh new Solaris 11 guest OS. This one boots, and works. Only one thing is missing: bridged networking. NAT is fine. However I need bridged mode.
Installed a new guest (Linux variant). Same issue.

Asked a friend to install VMware Fusion 5.0.3 on his Macbook Pro laptop and install a Solaris 11.1 on it as a guest. He did, and for him bridged mode works.

He is running ML 10.8.4. So I upgraded my Hackintosh to this version (yep it boots and seems to work :) ). But alah, same problem with Fusion

Since my hope is to run a couple of VMs with fusion that provide services over my local lan, I need bridged mode to work. Any clues what could be missing? Using the gigabit lan of the motherboard. Using dual monitor setup using HD4000 (2560x1440 + 1280x1024 smoothly). Bluetooth over USB. PS2 keyboard too and USB mouse.
Harddisk is 256GB SSD

Have VoodooHDA installed for audio.

Running 10.8.3 on a GA-Z77Z-UD3H with an I5 CPU (3.4GHZ), 32 GB installed. Installed virtual box and loaded a couple of guest OS-es. These run fine. However I find VBox a bit slow. Tried Vmware Fusion 3.1.4, but this one is not supported for ML. Ok, bought fusion 5.0.3. Installed it, created a fresh new Solaris 11 guest OS. This one boots, and works. Only one thing is missing: bridged networking. NAT is fine. However I need bridged mode.
Installed a new guest (Linux variant). Same issue.

Asked a friend to install VMware Fusion 5.0.3 on his Macbook Pro laptop and install a Solaris 11.1 on it as a guest. He did, and for him bridged mode works.

He is running ML 10.8.4. So I upgraded my Hackintosh to this version (yep it boots and seems to work :) ). But alah, same problem with Fusion

Since my hope is to run a couple of VMs with fusion that provide services over my local lan, I need bridged mode to work. Any clues what could be missing? Using the gigabit lan of the motherboard. Using dual monitor setup using HD4000 (2560x1440 + 1280x1024 smoothly). Bluetooth over USB. PS2 keyboard too and USB mouse.
Harddisk is 256GB SSD

Have VoodooHDA installed for audio.

Hi,

I can't imagine that the hardware has anything to do with whether bridged networking functions or not -- that would be entirely in software anyway, no?
If anything it could be the Ethernet driver you are using.

I use Parallels Desktop to run some Windows apps without rebooting, and there what they call "shared networking" seems to be fine. (I had built my machine with an older "maolj's Atheros Ethernet" driver at the time -- no idea whether that would influence anything.)

I expect it to be software too. Likely the driver.

One other thing I can add. When I do a ping from the guest (guest IP : 192.168.1.179) I see when doing a tcpdump on the host (IP: 192.168.1.51)
that an ARP request (who has) comes from the guest, on which a reply is send. However somehow this reply is not seen by the guest, since this one resends that ARP request again. A reply comes, etc. This continues till ping times out.

So it looks like data send to the guest is not being transfered into the virtual machine... Or it is, but somehow not in the correct format perhaps?

I expect it to be software too. Likely the driver.

One other thing I can add. When I do a ping from the guest (guest IP : 192.168.1.179) I see when doing a tcpdump on the host (IP: 192.168.1.51)
that an ARP request (who has) comes from the guest, on which a reply is send. However somehow this reply is not seen by the guest, since this one resends that ARP request again. A reply comes, etc. This continues till ping times out.

So it looks like data send to the guest is not being transfered into the virtual machine... Or it is, but somehow not in the correct format perhaps?

Could it be that one of the two has a firewall active?

Nope, checked that one already. No firewall. Besides if I got to NAT mode everything works. It is only bridged mode that does not work
With vbox bridged mode works (same vdisks on which the guest OS Is installed.)

Got it working by removing the ALXEthernet.kext from /S/L/E/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins and installing
AtherosL1cEthernet driver in /S/L/E

As a side effect the new driver transfers a 2G file with 70MB/sec while the old one never crossed 50MB/sec.

When I now start the (Fusion) vm it is pingable, ssh-able, etc. Networking (bridged mode) works like it should :)

btw I upgraded from ML 10.8.3 to 10.8.4 too in the mean time. However with 10.8.4 too there was a bridged network problem with the original ALXEthernet driver.

Ah I was too enthusiastic too soon ;) It still works but I discovered another issue. Although I can ping from guest to host and vise versa, I cannot do ssh from guest to host (or vise versa) nor ftp. This does work from one guest to another guest, and from another box to the guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back