Contribute
Register

Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h / i5-3570k / HD4000 works except for Via sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed my IOgear USB Bluetooth 4 and my apple magic mouse and keyboard work no problem including from sleep.
Thanks to Joncas I also have both my monitors working. Does anyone have a fix for the USB2 not working from wake up on the latest update?

thanks

just found out that USB2 is not working at all. my USB Bluetooth adaptor works ok though.
Any one having the same problem??

Thanks

Hi guys, I'm having some trouble here.

I've followed the instructions on this tutorial. But there are a couple of things I can't understand. I'm new to this and I wanted to do a hackintosh so that I can start learning xCode.

My System is

GA Z77X UD3H - Bios is F17
i7 3770
16GB of Ram
500GB HDD
HD4000 I'm not using any graphics card yet just the built in
When there's a flash drive which is the OSX ML Installer that I created from Unibeast. I was able to boot the machine without any problem.

But when I boot up without it, I receive some lines of code with Debugger called: <panic> etc..

and the last line is System uptime in nanoseconds: 30841873957

and the background of that is the grey color with the apple logo in it.

I don't know what to do but it seems to work if the USB w/ ML is in.

The next problem I have is the audio. But I'll go through that when this is fixed. Hope you can help me here. Thanks in advance guys. Cheers!

>> Update >>> Without the flash drive installer - If i use -x -v I am able to boot up on the login screen but keyboard and mouse is not working
With flash drive in - I'll use -x -v PciRoot=1 to make it work. Then I can restart, shutdown as long as the usb is in.

How can I fix this without entering those those line everytime I boot up? Thanks again!

Hi guys, I'm having some trouble here.

I've followed the instructions on this tutorial. But there are a couple of things I can't understand. I'm new to this and I wanted to do a hackintosh so that I can start learning xCode.

My System is

GA Z77X UD3H - Bios is F17
i7 3770
16GB of Ram
500GB HDD
HD4000 I'm not using any graphics card yet just the built in
When there's a flash drive which is the OSX ML Installer that I created from Unibeast. I was able to boot the machine without any problem.

But when I boot up without it, I receive some lines of code with Debugger called: <panic> etc..

and the last line is System uptime in nanoseconds: 30841873957

and the background of that is the grey color with the apple logo in it.

I don't know what to do but it seems to work if the USB w/ ML is in.

The next problem I have is the audio. But I'll go through that when this is fixed. Hope you can help me here. Thanks in advance guys. Cheers!

>> Update >>> Without the flash drive installer - If i use -x -v I am able to boot up on the login screen but keyboard and mouse is not working
With flash drive in - I'll use -x -v PciRoot=1 to make it work. Then I can restart, shutdown as long as the usb is in.

How can I fix this without entering those those line everytime I boot up? Thanks again!

Hi,

The -v option is just to show you the log lines on the screen, the -x option prevents extensions from loading. If you make that a permanent option, your computer will always be very slow.
If you really have the "i7 3770" cpu without a "k", then the internal graphics won't work because HD2500 isn't supported, so better find a compatible graphics card from the recommended list.

Then it would be better to try a clean install, following the instructions in the first page, using only the "dsdt-free" and network options in installing Multibeast.
For the usb, use the two ports under the ethernet connector on the back panel, or a usb2 front panel connected to an internal usb 2 connector on the motherboard.

If you still need PciRoot=1, you can add that as an option in the /extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (just use the customization -> boot options -> PCI Root ID Fix in Multibeast)

Good luck!

Thanks mate,

As far as I know I think I have HD4000 http://ark.intel.com/products/65719/ . Will try that and see what I can do. I've done a clean install now and to be safe I've followed your instruction to have 2 partitions using SuperDuper! to clone one that works. Will give updates in a bit.
Cheers! :)

Update >>> : I can boot only in -x without the -v PCIRoot=1, Is there any way around this? without using -x? Thanks mate!

Thanks mate,

As far as I know I think I have HD4000 http://ark.intel.com/products/65719/ .

It does say HD4000 on your link, but I always thought the i7-3770 cpu has HD2500, and only the i7-3770K has HD4000, so that may be your problem of having to boot with -x

>>> update: you are right, it does have HD4000, so I have no idea what the problem is ...

The usual causes might be if you are trying to connect a monitor on the vga outlet -> use DVI or HDMI or Displayport

Try re-loading optimized bios settings and only change peripherals-> sata mode -> AHCI

Don't plug any additional hard drives, put the main one on SATA0

Don't install any peripherics except mouse and keyboard ...

ps2: you could try search for the same processor on this forum and see if someone else has helpful tips, like this one http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...te-ga-h77n-wifi-hd-4000-16-gb-256-gb-ssd.html about VT-d to be set to disabled in bios.

Mate, thanks so mch! I appreciate your help. I will give it a try and will let you know if there's any changes i'll also try booting later with HD7770 seems like a lot of people are having success with it as well. Thanks again man! :)

P.S mate do you think it's okay to upgrade to the latest bios? Cheers!

Cool Update >>> :)

Well first I would like to thank joncas for giving this Guide. Finally I was able to boot up my computer without the -x boot-arg.
Thanks also to iLonexCz who guided me on the HD7770 and the Guide of WokieZeppelin. I've attached the link to their guide that helped me.

Here's my setup
GA-Z77X UD3H with i7 3770 an old 500GB HDD, 16GB or RAM and PowerColor HD7770 1GB GHz Edition.

I followed guide of joncas to clean reinstall with two Partitions. I'm using Super Duper! to clone the working drive, that way I have a backup if I messed something up. After using this guide I've followed iLonexCz guide for HD7770 coz I can't find a way to work with HD4000. I need to do -x to boot up and the performance is not that good in graphics and Safari flickers on the Top Sites section and Launcher flickers as well (it's kinda irritating :oops:) hahaha :D.

so following iLonexCz' guide I've run through some errors including the vt-d long running error and I decided to find some solution and I've headed to WokieZeppelin's guide. He was able to boot with HD7770 with his i3 Processor. His guide is good as well like joncas guide.

I ended up using the boot-arg GraphicsEnabler=No (BIOS are in Optimize defaults but vt-d is DISABLED)

Here's the screeny of what I'm on now. I want to fix the sounds now. If not I'll go get some USB headphones. :)

Success z77x UD3H HD7770.jpg

Hi guys, after reading this discussion in regards to this board, i decided to go with this board. reason being, my country doesn't have gigabyte boards that has supported audio chip.

these are the z77 gigabyte available here in my country:

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H
Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H TH
Gigabyte Z77-HD3
Gigabyte Z77-D3H
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
Gigabyte Z77X UD3H
Gigabyte Z77X-UP7

this is gonna be my first hackintosh build. hope the build process will go smoothly :)

Good Luck to you mate. If you're a beginner like me, don't be pissed easily if it doesn't work. :) and when something work do add little by little and follow the backup that joncas guide gave. It takes a bit of time but definitely save's more time than restarting all-over and clean install everything :) This joncas guide rocks. :headbang:

Good Luck to you mate. If you're a beginner like me, don't be pissed easily if it doesn't work. :) and when something work do add little by little and follow the backup that joncas guide gave. It takes a bit of time but definitely save's more time than restarting all-over and clean install everything :) This joncas guide rocks. :headbang:

Thanks mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back