Contribute
Register

Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h / i5-3570k / HD4000 works except for Via sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hihi,

I've been battling with this MB for the past 24HRs and finally got it to work.

Whats not working is the 2 pairs of USB 3 at the back panel as joncas mentioned.

After the 1st installation for VIA audio with MultiBeast>Voodoo VIA VT2012 the comp freezes, but after a reboot everything is working including front panel jack.

Would really like to see the full USB 3 working.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-29 at 5.38.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-29 at 5.38.37 PM.png
    156.2 KB · Views: 380
Whats not working is the 2 pairs of USB 3 at the back panel as joncas mentioned.
After the 1st installation for VIA audio with MultiBeast>Voodoo VIA VT2012 the comp freezes, but after a reboot everything is working including front panel jack.
Would really like to see the full USB 3 working.

Hi,

I tried the Generic USB kext that sapphire112 mentioned (above), but when testing large file copying, it fails -- maybe this is just my storage device, so if you feel like trying, it's here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286860-genericusbxhci-usb-30-driver-for-os-x-with-source/ -- download the 1.1.4 binaries.

(or google for Zenith432 GenericUSBXHCI 1.1.4)

I would be weary of the Voodoo sound drivers -- if you run into more freezes or kernel panics, try the hdmi audio or stick with usb speakers ...

A big thanks to everyone who has helped me so far, especially joncas and sapphire112!

Here is my build components;
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Turbo
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
RAM: Cosair Vengence DDR3-1600Mhz Low Profile (4GB x 2)
GPU: Palit GTX 670 2048 MB
Mac SSD: Samsung 840 Pro
Windows SSD: Samsung 840 Pro
Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II Plus

Nearly everything works;
1) LAN
2) All the USB 3.0 ports at the back
3) Audio

Only trouble is that when the hackintosh wakes up from a sleep, no USB devices work, even if I replug the devices in.

Otherwise it is imho the best computer I've used to date. SSD is lightning fast and my main gripe is that 128GB is a little small for a main workstation. Anyway once again thanks for all your help!

hi joncas,

i've tried the GenericUSBXHCI 1.1.4 u mentioned. All USB3 port now works but with the issue you mentioned too.

I've tried plugging an external USB3 HDD into all the VIA USB3 ports and all of them gave me this error message after writing for couple of minutes. See SS below

However all the Intel USB ports including the front panel are working fine. All Intel USB3 ports are able to run Blackmagic Disk Speed Test for 10min.

My conclusion is these VIA USB3 port are only good for USB devices etc mouse/keyboard/bluetooth dongle.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-01 at 5.32.22 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-01 at 5.32.22 PM.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 356
Hi,

FYI to everyone with this Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h using Generic USB3 kext.

As Generic USB 3 Kext will overwrite all USB 3 port including the intel ones, VIA ports are unstable.

after testing for a couple of days on the USB 3(intel ports) with Generic USB 3 Kext i've encountered some issues with it.

Example of issue > When using photoshop : file saving thru USB 3 is corrupted (intel port), if USB 3 is used for scratch disk Photoshop when using lasso will encounter graphic lag, ocassionally opened the Photoshop files canvas will go disappeared.

Currently i've reverted back to original USB kext and sacrifice the VIA USB 3 ports.

Hi,

FYI to everyone with this Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h using Generic USB3 kext.

As Generic USB 3 Kext will overwrite all USB 3 port including the intel ones, VIA ports are unstable.

after testing for a couple of days on the USB 3(intel ports) with Generic USB 3 Kext i've encountered some issues with it.

Example of issue > When using photoshop : file saving thru USB 3 is corrupted (intel port), if USB 3 is used for scratch disk Photoshop when using lasso will encounter graphic lag, ocassionally opened the Photoshop files canvas will go disappeared.

Currently i've reverted back to original USB kext and sacrifice the VIA USB 3 ports.

Hey xisaac thanks for the advice! I just bought my system and wont use the generic USB3 kext for now. If anybody knows an alternative solution to the VIA USB 3 Problem please share it...;)

Hi again, I've this minor problem with audio. I'm using VoodooHDA VT2021 0.7.2 installed using MultiBeast 5.2.1 and I've this weird intermittent problem. Occasionally, the audio would peak and distort badly. Is there a way to solve this? Does anyone experience the same problem?

I've tried to install applehda.kext provided by sapphire112 and installed it using KextBeast, but when I restart, there isn't any audio at all.

Thanks for looking and I appreciate any help rendered!

Have a nice day.

Hi again, I've this minor problem with audio. I'm using VoodooHDA VT2021 0.7.2 installed using MultiBeast 5.2.1 and I've this weird intermittent problem. Occasionally, the audio would peak and distort badly. Is there a way to solve this? Does anyone experience the same problem?

I've tried to install applehda.kext provided by sapphire112 and installed it using KextBeast, but when I restart, there isn't any audio at all.

Thanks for looking and I appreciate any help rendered!

Have a nice day.

salvation but the dsdt I have provided you put in extra, and you will have audio

Maybe you can help me out.. i got it to boot one time only and now it hangs with the APPLE sign and spinning wheel..
i7-3770K
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
HD4000
8 Gig Corsair DDR3 1600 (2 x 4G)
Samsung 840 SSD.

I see in verbose mode a few things that don't look good, and i could only boot one time with safe mode '-x' and could log in, downloaded MultiBeast, ran it, but now cannot get back to it.

messages i don't like "this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a" -> how can that be ??
this is followed by "journal replay done" then "sound assertions" then "macx_swapon success " then it just hangs

thanks
Mark

Maybe you can help me out.. i got it to boot one time only and now it hangs with the APPLE sign and spinning wheel..
i7-3770K
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
HD4000
8 Gig Corsair DDR3 1600 (2 x 4G)
Samsung 840 SSD.

I see in verbose mode a few things that don't look good, and i could only boot one time with safe mode '-x' and could log in, downloaded MultiBeast, ran it, but now cannot get back to it.

messages i don't like "this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a" -> how can that be ??
this is followed by "journal replay done" then "sound assertions" then "macx_swapon success " then it just hangs

thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

with Google I found several other threads with the same problem -- maybe one of their solutions can work for you
e.g. http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...nging-macx_swapon-success-ethernet-issue.html
He got it working by using the boot flag option "GraphicsEnabler=No" (type it in the without the quotes, the way you do for -x etc.) if it works, add this option to the /extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Otherwise make sure you have sata mode as AHCI, put your monitor on DVI or DisplayPort (not vga), plug in only the boot drive in sata port 0.

The unknown CPU is ok -- that's because there aren't any real Macs with the same cpu. I have that, too.

The journal replay would be an indication of some disk corruption, so maybe worth reformatting the drive and doing a clean install. Then don't use any of the sound options in Multibeast, only the basic minimum needed for ethernet and boot loader ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back