Contribute
Register

Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h / i5-3570k / HD4000 works except for Via sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Failed :crazy:, no disk on list disk to instal.. have no clue and very :banghead:

Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h + i7 3770K

One thing I was never able to get working, sleep. Appears that it never fully goes to sleep mode, display goes off but light stay on, drives and fans never spin down. And it will never resume from this state unless a hard power switch or reset.

Noticed that a lot of people report this problem so it may not be isolated to this board.

Sleep failure code 0x00000000 0x19006700

Has anyone seen this message or found a solution to get sleep working?

Failed no disk on list disk to instal.. have no clue

Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h + i7 3770K

Did you try to launch Disk Utility to format it ? Make sure you select GUID as partition map scheme (in the options underneath the partition size slider) and Mac OS Extended as Format. If the drive doesn't show up in disk utility, make sure it's connected to internal connector Sata-0 on the MB.

I can only boot using GraphicsEnabler=No what is my problem? I only installed the minimum settings in MB that are in the first post, and also checked my bios and its fine...I have to manually type in GE=NO before the computer boots or it doesnt work

Gigabyte Z77 UD5H
I5-3570K
Intel 540 128gb ssd

Thanks

I can only boot using GraphicsEnabler=No what is my problem? I only installed the minimum settings in MB that are in the first post, and also checked my bios and its fine...I have to manually type in GE=NO before the computer boots or it doesnt work

Hi,
If the computer runs ok with GE=NO, you could just add that directive to the file /extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist so it looks something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Would this cause any problem when dual booting?

Did you try to launch Disk Utility to format it ? Make sure you select GUID as partition map scheme (in the options underneath the partition size slider) and Mac OS Extended as Format. If the drive doesn't show up in disk utility, make sure it's connected to internal connector Sata-0 on the MB.

Hi Joncas, ya.. already try that, thanks for your reply.. butt the internal harddisk still not recognize by the usb installer. I forget to mention that this is L installer. This board is easier to instal with ML i guess.. have try that after, and success instal both ssd dan harddisk (also audio and USB3).. but still the disk never appear on selected disk to instal on L USB installer (also on disk utility). I need L to work on this board ahhhh :crazy:..
Btw, i assume this is happend because the sata port 0 is on 6gb sata (sataIII)
I already try to install on the disk using usb (not internal), it recognize by the installer and success to install on that disk, but when it boot using internal sata.. the L stuck on boot logo with verboten sign.

Thanks joncas.. hope u have idea on what happend :) thanks bro :thumbup:

Salvation but your usb key to score the ethernet port is usb intel
I did join some kext to put again later for sound and usb3 chipset via

Attachments

• 6370_big.jpg
    6370_big.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 573
  • GA Z77X UD3H.zip
    5 MB · Views: 109
Salvation but your usb key to score the ethernet port is usb intel
I did join some kext to put again later for sound and usb3 chipset via

Hi,

Your picture of the backpanel connectors must be for a different board.
The ga-z77x-ud3h looks as below:

Attachments

• ga-z77x-ud3h rev1.0.jpg
    ga-z77x-ud3h rev1.0.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 494
I already try to install on the disk using usb (not internal), it recognize by the installer and success to install on that disk, but when it boot using internal sata.. the L stuck on boot logo with verboten sign.

You could type in the boot options -v and -x when booting to see why the "verboten" sign comes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back