Contribute
Register

Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h / i5-3570k / HD4000 works except for Via sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone.
I am after some help with my new build.
I am able to load ML onto my system and get to the point of running multibeast.
Every time I try a boot without the USB I get either the white screen or a scrambled screen and nothing else, I use GE=NO. I have spent 3 whole days reading through the forum and have made sure I dont have my graphics card pluged in and only one SSD in sata0.
I have just completed my 6th complete reinstall as I do not know how to go about backtracking a step when I use the wrong multibeast settings. so far i have used user DSTS or DSTS free and left the network part alone as I have the latest MB which does not have maolJ’s AtherosL1cEthernet that a number of guys are suggesting. My Ethernet is working fine anyway. I also tried other combinations that have been suggested on the forum without success.

Any help would be great.

I want to beat this affliction and move on to better things.

Here Is Full Config:
MOTHERBOARD: GA - Z77X - UD3H
CPU: i53570k
RAM: 16 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600 MHZ
SSD: 120GB SANDISC
PSU: CORSAIR TX650 WATTS
CASE: CORSAIR 650D
OPTICAL DRIVE: LG DVD

Every time I try a boot without the USB I get either the white screen or a scrambled screen and nothing else, I use GE=NO.

I use GE=Yes, and I had to add a graphics mode entry to /extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist otherwise the screen comes up scrambled after the second reboot, so the settings look like this -- it doesn't seem to matter which resolution one adds (navigate to the "extra" folder in the root directory and open the file org.chameleon.Boot.plist to edit):

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Also make sure the “Internal Graphics Memory Size” is set to 64MB in the BIOS.

To avoid having to do complete reinstalls if the Multibeast settings don't work, use SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the installation before running MultiBeast. Partition the hard drive into two equal partitions and clone the installation onto the second one. Then run MB on the first partition, and if the settings don't work, reboot into the second partition and clone it back onto the first one.

To experiment different /extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist configurations, if some changes you made don't work (such as your scrambled screen), you can usually still get back into the installed system by adding the boot option -x -F -f

Hey thanks for the info. I will check youtube and see if I can work out how to do the stuff you say. I have no idea how to use chameleon or how to get to the root folder from the bios screen, I only know how to get there using terminal once I have booted up. I also have to learn how to use the <key> inputs, I guess its part of Chameleon.
I am sure the bios is setup right.
I will take a look at the boot options.

Once I have educated myself more (the reason for taking on the Hackintosh),I am sure I will have some more questions.
Thanks again for the help.

-x -F -f got me back to the scrabled screen. off to buy a dvi cable and a screen and dump my vga so I can eliminate this.

cheers

I have no idea how to use chameleon or how to get to the root folder from the bios screen, I only know how to get there using terminal once I have booted up. I also have to learn how to use the <key> inputs, I guess its part of Chameleon.
I am sure the bios is setup right.
I will take a look at the boot options.

Hi,

Definitely use a dvi or hdmi screen!

Chameleon is installed automatically by Multibeast. When the computer starts up, you see the tony icon and a progress bar starts filling. Just type a hyphen, and it'll open a text box where you can enter -x to do a "safe boot" etc.

To edit the /extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist, the easiest way is to get back to the finder with the above boot options and then open the extra folder on the hard drive.

Thanks Joncas,

found Chameleon and added the string.

The DVI did the trick all up and running now. my next quest is to get my graphics card working (nvidia geforce gt650) ,audio and I also want to get the bluetooth apple keyboard working. I dont seem to have a bluetooth option in the system preferences. will take a look in the forum for ideas.

Good advice for everyone, throw away the VGA!

Thanks again.

I followed your bios settings and tried booting with all the USB ports. I still can't get to the install screen. In -v -x bootflags, it says "Still waiting for root device"

Any other tweaks I can try?

I followed your bios settings and tried booting with all the USB ports. I still can't get to the install screen. In -v -x bootflags, it says "Still waiting for root device"

Any other tweaks I can try?

This is exactly my problem :(

i7-3770k
z77x-UD3H - bios f18
16gb RAM
120GB samsung SSD

Tried all diferent flags like ncpi, -x, graphicsenabler etc etc, no luck :(. Tried all the bios settings as shown, and tried the exact USB ports. It stops at zlib succeeded and shows still waiting for root device.

I just got my gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h with the i7 3770k, and i can't boot to the usb install at all
i update to the latest bios and set the settings like the OP but still get the same error. tried everything from this post and others from beginning to end and still can't get past this

Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily not found.
can't load Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (error 0xdC008000e).
Couldn't alloc class "AppleHDAController"
mbinit: done [96 MB total pool size, (64/32) split]
Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused
rooting via boot-uuid from /chosen: 1C1DFC6B-9E96-3F94-A52C-959B312B1FE
Still waiting for root device

I'm stumped... made the install usb drive twice,
any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi,

I have your exact same problem and same hardware. How did you solve your problem? I tried the USB ports below the ethernet, one I used it for the keyboard and the other to plug in the pendrive with osx. It doesn't work for me :(

Ok, i make all,
Load bios profile (bios version F17)
Install OSX from USB and works!
Install from Multibeast dsdt free and atheros ethernet
but after reboot and apple logo loading...black screen and stuck!

Help me please! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back