Contribute
Register

Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h / i5-3570k / HD4000 works except for Via sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't absolutely need usb 3 speed, then the most reliable would be to add a usb 2 frontpanel that plugs into an internal usb 2 header on the motherboard.
There are lots of different models that can slide into a free 3.5 drive compartment (where a dvd drive would normally go).

The other thing that makes the two backpanel usb ports work better is to feed them to a hub. For example mine work fine if the builtin usb hub of the monitor is connected to one of the usb ports under the ethernet plug and the peripherals then plug into the usb ports on the monitor.
(even then, only the two backpanel ports under the ethernet plug work, since the other ones are controlled by a different chip that's not supported on OS-X)

Thanks for your replies. I will look into a USB 2.0 frontpanel.
Unfortunately, my monitor does not have any usb ports.
I do have a USB 2.0 7 hub but it does not work when plugged into one of the ports by the ethernet plug.
Thanks again.

i installed ML 10.8 successfully but i don't under stand what you say to update to 10.8.2 ... my english isn't okay and i'm new in hackintosh ...

i installed ML 10.8 successfully but i don't under stand what you say to update to 10.8.2 ... my english isn't okay and i'm new in hackintosh ...
Hello,
Select "About this Mac" in the Apple menu -- if it says "Version 10.8.2" then you don't have to do anything, your system is already up to date.

If it says 10.8.0 or 10.8.1 then it is better to do a new, clean installation with the latest Mountain Lion installer from the Appstore.
But since 10.8.2 has been out a long time already, you are probably already up to date.

no its not ><" ....

no peoblem .. can you help me now how to patch appleHDA to DSDT or HDEF << i'm not sure about the last one.
to gwt the sound works.

can you help me now how to patch appleHDA to DSDT or HDEF << i'm not sure about the last one.
to gwt the sound works.

Sorry, I have no experience with that (i just use a usb speaker) ...

I just got my gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h with the i7 3770k, and i can't boot to the usb install at all
i update to the latest bios and set the settings like the OP but still get the same error. tried everything from this post and others from beginning to end and still can't get past this

Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily not found.
can't load Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (error 0xdC008000e).
Couldn't alloc class "AppleHDAController"
mbinit: done [96 MB total pool size, (64/32) split]
Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused
rooting via boot-uuid from /chosen: 1C1DFC6B-9E96-3F94-A52C-959B312B1FE
Still waiting for root device

I'm stumped... made the install usb drive twice,
any help would be greatly appreciated

Maybe it's a question about which usb port your installer usb drive is plugged into. Os-X has some trouble with the usb 3 ports.
On the backpanel, only the two under or over the ethernet socket work. Try one of those two.
If that still doesn't work, connect a front-panel usb port to one of the internal usb 2 headers on the motherboard.

omg it worked! thanks Joncas, now on to try to instal for the 1st time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back