Contribute
Register

Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h / i5-3570k / HD4000 works except for Via sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Jorge

The link that Gigabyte sent you just tells you where to download the BIOS file for flashing an updated BIOS version into the MB, not how to interpret the settings file.
The file itself must be a proprietary binary file. Enclosed is a screenshot of the hex code -- you can see it puts the current Bios version F18 and the language setting en-US. The rest is binary ...
The corresponding settings file for the current F18 bios is also attached, but be aware that I have a rev 1.0 board and the settings file may not be the same on later revisions.

Thanks joncas, I´m studying the case but I wrote again to Gigabyte with some question about. What I find weird is that you can export your MB settings from the BIOS panel and you cannot find that exported file into your HD where you saved it. So, I ask Gygabite if there is anyway to have a list of your MB settings ... We´ll see!

What I find weird is that you can export your MB settings from the BIOS panel and you cannot find that exported file into your HD where you saved it.

But you do see the file that was saved -- you need to attach a USB stick formatted as FAT32, then when you save the BIOS settings, you are prompted to name the file and it is saved on the USB stick with that name.
That's how I created the file bios-settings-F18.zip that I attached in my previous post (I zipped it afterwards to be able to attach it).
It is a binary file with no obvious way to interpret the settings.
So the question to Gigabyte is not how to find the file but how to interpret it after you find it!

But you do see the file that was saved -- you need to attach a USB stick formatted as FAT32, then when you save the BIOS settings, you are prompted to name the file and it is saved on the USB stick with that name.
That's how I created the file bios-settings-F18.zip that I attached in my previous post (I zipped it afterwards to be able to attach it).
It is a binary file with no obvious way to interpret the settings.
So the question to Gigabyte is not how to find the file but how to interpret it after you find it!

Well, Gigabyte has answered me and has told that at present they do not have a way to print or open in a readable way MB settings, and what I have to do is to take notes manually ... :-X So, no way to share easily how to set up BIOS on Mavaricks or any other OSX ...

Thank you for your comments Joncas!

Well, Gigabyte has answered me and has told that at present they do not have a way to print or open in a readable way MB settings, and what I have to do is to take notes manually ... :-X So, no way to share easily how to set up BIOS

Hello Jorge,

It's quite easy to take screenshots in the BIOS -- if you have a usb-stick in FAT32 format plugged in, pressing F12 will save the current screen as an image, that's how I got the screenshots in the first post of this thread.
Admittedly not as handy as a plist would be, for example, but it's definitely easier than taking notes by hand!

eading ramdisk image: bt(0.0)/extra/preboot.dmg. No ramdisk config..... Mounting: done.

TUTORIAL NEED TO INSTALL MAC, THESE ARE THE COMPONENTS

INTEL CORE I7-3770, 8,0GB RAM, NIVIA GEFORCE GT 640, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H

What are your BIOS settings?

TUTORIAL NEED TO INSTALL MAC, THESE ARE THE COMPONENTS
INTEL CORE I7-3770, 8,0GB RAM, NIVIA GEFORCE GT 640, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H
What are your BIOS settings?

Hi,

I would first proceed with the entire installation without the nvidia graphics card in the computer.
For the bios settings, select the option "Load optimized settings", then disable VT-d.

In Multibeast, use the "dsdt-free" preset and only install the network driver. For the rest, follow the first post in this thread.

Hi Everyone!

My config:
GA-Z77X-UD3H
INTEL CORE I5-3570K
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB
Samsung 250 GB SSD 840 Evo
no graphic card

I try to install Mountain Lion, but the process stuck at this lines:

---

com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple.launchd 1 ***launchd[1] has started up.***
com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple.launchd 1 ***Verbose boot, will log to /dev/console. ***
com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple.launchd 1 ***Shutdown logging is enabled.***
Creating RAM Disk for /Volumes

---

I am trying all bootflags, all SATA ports, formated the SSD to OSX compatible file system, and setup the BIOS. The bootable pendrive is on the front USB-port.

I haven't any idea what is the problem. Thanks for any help and sorry, I don't speak English well.

Hi Everyone!

My config:
GA-Z77X-UD3H
INTEL CORE I5-3570K
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB
Samsung 250 GB SSD 840 Evo
no graphic card

I try to install Mountain Lion, but the process stuck at this lines:

---

com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple.launchd 1 ***launchd[1] has started up.***
com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple.launchd 1 ***Verbose boot, will log to /dev/console. ***
com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple.launchd 1 ***Shutdown logging is enabled.***
Creating RAM Disk for /Volumes

---

I am trying all bootflags, all SATA ports, formated the SSD to OSX compatible file system, and setup the BIOS. The bootable pendrive is on the front USB-port.

I haven't any idea what is the problem. Thanks for any help and sorry, I don't speak English well.

Hello,

Did you make the bootable pen drive with the "Unibeast" utility from the downloads on this site ? And does this message come when you boot, only after you start the installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back