Register

Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h / i5-3570k / HD4000 works except for Via sound

Motherboard
ga-x79-ud3
CPU
i7
Graphics
nvidia gtx 660
You do not have Chameleon/Chimera bootloader installed properly. Which is also why Sapphire'S DSDT won't help you with sound.

Re-install Chimera/Bootloader via Multibeast. Then follow the steps I posted before.
It is also a good idea to update your Bios if you haven't done so.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I added chimera in multibeast and did the install again, the latest version of multibeast has chimera v2.1.2 where as on tonymacx86 the latest is v2.2. Slightly confused.

However, I did as you said and chose the bootloader and followed your steps and I got the VIA USB working and SOUND! thanks a bunch.

Now only to solve the booting issue, it still wont load without USB and pressing f12. Also when i perform a shutdown i have to reset my cmos by pressing button on mobo or else i cannot even get into bios to do the f12 selection.

Advice?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Oh and also my bios version is F18 however there is a newer one out F19e. Dont know if anyone has played around with it. Didnt want to take the risk.

Motherboard
ga-x79-ud3
CPU
i7
Graphics
nvidia gtx 660
I added chimera in multibeast and did the install again, the latest version of multibeast has chimera v2.1.2 where as on tonymacx86 the latest is v2.2. Slightly confused.

However, I did as you said and chose the bootloader and followed your steps and I got the VIA USB working and SOUND! thanks a bunch.

Now only to solve the booting issue, it still wont load without USB and pressing f12. Also when i perform a shutdown i have to reset my cmos by pressing button on mobo or else i cannot even get into bios to do the f12 selection.

Advice?
Ok, when you write "it won't LOAD without USB", WHAT errors are you getting? Boot without USB but with the flags "-v -f" and post what errors comes up.
You have checked your BIOS settings? What is in your EXTRA folder?

Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390M
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hello everyone !
Does someone try Mavericks with the z77x-ud3h ?

Motherboard
Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
Asus Strix GTX 960
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Does someone try Mavericks with the z77x-ud3h ?
Just tried, and it works fine on my rev. 1.0 board (new ones are now on 1.1, so I can't say how it goes there).

I would suggest a clean install on an extra HD, using the latest Unibeast and Multibeast.

Take DSDT-free and select only Atheros Ethernet driver.
(You can always add later drivers once you get it working this far.)

Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390M
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
What's about the USB 3 (works with kext ?) ? and sound ?

Thanks,

Motherboard
Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
Asus Strix GTX 960
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
What's about the USB 3 (works with kext ?) ? and sound ?

For sound, the patched DSDT.aml prepared as per Toleda's method still works for me (links in post#1 of this thread).

USB3 seems to work natively now - haven't done much testing, but trying just now with a USB3.0 HD enclosure displaying itself as a IS888 chip in System Report it was going up to 100 MB/sec (the limit of the spinning HD in the enclosure, whereas USB2 would have topped off at 30-33 MB/sec).

I also switched to clover-efi as the permanent boot loader some time ago. Once the Multibeast installation was working properly, the Clover configuration turned out to be quite simple, and if you use it in UEFI-only mode it boots very fast (it goes to the Apple logo almost instantly after POST).