Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H died, need a replacement board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
Graphics
MSI N660 Ti PE 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Hackintosh was humming along nicely but my Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H died recently and it doesn't look like it's being sold anymore(looks like others have had similar issues based on the reviews). So I was curious if I could swap in a different one with minimal adjustments? If so, any suggestions? Or should I just hunt down the board on ebay?

I have bought a GA-Z77P-D3 from aliexpress, because here in Spain people who is selling a series 7 motherboard and general used motherboards, goes crazy and pretend to sell it at launch price.

I received it and was all perfect, only problem was that they send me a i/o shield without isolation, so when I putted it on my pc case, it was making some kind of "electrical ground loop" and my speakers only emitted noise. Using the motherboard without i/o shield fixed it.

Used hardware components it's some kind of lottery. No much difference between buy it to someone in your country an overpriced and another one from china and more cheap.

Mine was 50€ to have it home. People in Spain was selling it for about 120€ - 180€ with no guaranty.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back