Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H - VIA VT2021 - Onboard Sound Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATED: Sound working on Z77X following these steps:

1. Download the VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler files.
2. Install Kext Wizard and Kext Utility and install AppleHDADisabler.kext (can be found online, one from back to file date of 2009 appears to work fine)
3. Install the kexts with Kext Wizard, or other app that installs kexts.
4. Repair system permissions with Kext Utility.
5. Reboot.
6. If you want, install the VoodooHDA Preference Panel ( extract and double click on it )
7. Play a song

Another interesting post on AppleHDA itself modified for 10.9 Mavericks: http://www.osx86.net/topic/16228-guide-via-vt2021-audio-on-os-x-108x109/

I updated the latest driver at http://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/ and everything works fine and no more issues about could not start OS sometimes as previous.

Anyone got it works on Mavericks? I got kernel panic when booting without -x flag

GA-Z77X-D3H
i3 3220 (HD 2500)

I would just like to say i love you. been trying to get this stupid sound to work forever now! thanks a lot man.:D

I have z77-d3h 1.0 (best board i ever had), with 10.9.2, and full working sound. With multibeast, make sure to pick voodoohda that says VT 2021 and that's it! I am using chimera.

richbutler my friend you are a GOD. Thank you so much.. <3

I've this on 10.9.4 :cry:
Device ID and Vendor of info.plist in Voodoo is good... I've rename AppleHDA.kext to Apple.disable.kext
any idea please?

screen.jpg

I have a GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.2 and have been trying to get the audio working on El Capitan for the last 2 days.
It also has the
VIA VT2021.
Can someone tell me how to get this to work, because
:banghead::banghead::banghead:.
thanks.

I have a GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.2 and have been trying to get the audio working on El Capitan for the last 2 days.
It also has the
VIA VT2021.
Can someone tell me how to get this to work, because
:banghead::banghead::banghead:.
thanks.

Your post is off topic for this Lion Desktop Support thread.
Post in the El Capitan section for El Capitan support.

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Thank you so much!!

I only have stereo 2.0 via analog cable, but I already was counting on optical cable not working on Mac.

UPDATED: Sound working on Z77X following these steps:

1. Download the VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler files.
2. Install Kext Wizard and Kext Utility and install AppleHDADisabler.kext (can be found online, one from back to file date of 2009 appears to work fine)
3. Install the kexts with Kext Wizard, or other app that installs kexts.
4. Repair system permissions with Kext Utility.
5. Reboot.
6. If you want, install the VoodooHDA Preference Panel ( extract and double click on it )
7. Play a song

Another interesting post on AppleHDA itself modified for 10.9 Mavericks: http://www.osx86.net/topic/16228-guide-via-vt2021-audio-on-os-x-108x109/
I used the guide of first post. Will I have optical output with this updated guide? I fear to touch anything now I finally have sound on Mac OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back