Graphics
Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok, I have searched the forums but I cannot find an answer to my problem. :( I recently built my hackintosh and got everything running great except for the onboard network was sometimes slow or would drop the settings and I would have to reset to get everything back. I decided to get a mini PCI card (ROSEWILL RC-401-EX GIGABIT PCI-E) and it worked great out of the box. I then disabled the onboard Ethernet in the bios and deleted the realtek network kext. :thumbdown: That when my issued with the sleep/wake got crazy. Before my sytem would wake properly, but the mouse/keyboard had to be unplugged and plugged back in to work. This was solved with switching the network kext but now I can’t wake my system up. If I don’t enable sleep on the computer but just the monitors only one monitor goes to sleep and the other freezes but stays on. I f I set the screen saver you would just see a still image until I shake the mouse or hit the keyboard and then the log in screen shows and the other monitor wakes without an issue. Sleep itself is a different beast. If I put the system to sleep (manually or with please sleep, the apple setting will not put the system to sleep by itself just the one monitor) it goes to sleep fine but the wake up is the problem. The monitors never come back but it seems the computer is on. I can open and close the DVD drive and I see the cpu light blinking when I do but it never comes back up. If I let it sit in this state to long it makes my motherboard bios crash and reset. Weird!!!! I got a new SSD (Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G SSD III) and did a fresh install but I get the same thing as the other hard drive. I love this system everything else works great that I know of, from Photoshop to video editing to music creation, all the programs are ok but the wake issue is a problem. I do not want to leave my system up constantly and shutting down and restarting every time would be a pain also. I should also add both monitors are plugged in through the mini display ports. I use the dual DVI and the DVI HDMI before also without issues but nothing wakes properly now.

Here are my system specs:
Intel Core i7-2700K Sandy Bridge 3.5GHz
XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68
Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G
2 x Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA (raid 0)
Rosewill RKV-2UC 2-Port USB KVM Switch
Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
LG Black Super Multi SATA WH12LS30 BD-ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back