AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 MB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

I got my Snow Leopard intallation going (using UserDSTD, DSDT given by AutoPatch for Z68) but for sound card and video support.

Network works well using the Realtek drivers 2.0.6 instead of Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.

Sound Card: I install ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + HDAEnabler for 889, run system to rebuild permission and restore cache. Reboot and nothing.

Video: I install the ATI 1.6.32.12 Drivers via MultiBeast, GraphicsEnabler=No or Yes (tried both. Result is always: Stuck in but after apple logo with a light blue screen (my monitor get to full native resolution butthat is it)

So I am really stuck and would appreciate any help to get sound card and video working (without getting stuck with blue screen).

Searched all Forum tried all different installation procedures but could not find anything that was really relevant for my motherboard and video card.

Thanks in Advance

cmarsili said:
Hi

I got my Snow Leopard intallation going (using UserDSTD, DSDT given by AutoPatch for Z68) but for sound card and video support.

Network works well using the Realtek drivers 2.0.6 instead of Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.

Sound Card: I install ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + HDAEnabler for 889, run system to rebuild permission and restore cache. Reboot and nothing.

Video: I install the ATI 1.6.32.12 Drivers via MultiBeast, GraphicsEnabler=No or Yes (tried both. Result is always: Stuck in but after apple logo with a light blue screen (my monitor get to full native resolution butthat is it)

So I am really stuck and would appreciate any help to get sound card and video working (without getting stuck with blue screen).

Searched all Forum tried all different installation procedures but could not find anything that was really relevant for my motherboard and video card.

Thanks in Advance

AFAIK, the 69xx AMD cards are still no go... you may be out of luck until the Mac Pro refresh.. or the big furry king of the jungle update... whichever comes first... or wait until soemone like Netkas does something for them.

fuma said:
AFAIK, the 69xx AMD cards are still no go... you may be out of luck until the Mac Pro refresh.. or the big furry king of the jungle update... whichever comes first... or wait until soemone like Netkas does something for them.
fuma is correct. Apple has yet to support the desktop 69xx series in Snow Leopard. May be in the last Snow Leopard update, or, more than likely, it will be Apple updated the Mac Pros.

Stork said:
fuma said:
fuma is correct. Apple has yet to support the desktop 69xx series in Snow Leopard. May be in the last Snow Leopard update, or, more than likely, it will be Apple updated the Mac Pros.

Great, that is just my luck. Apart from the video card, does anyone got the sound working on these motherboard? Back to windows in the meantime. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back