Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 with AMD RADEON 6970 2gb

Joined
May 25, 2011
Messages
9
Motherboard
10.7.4
CPU
3.39 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 MB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi

I got my Snow Leopard intallation going (using UserDSTD, DSDT given by AutoPatch for Z68) but for sound card and video support.

Network works well using the Realtek drivers 2.0.6 instead of Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.

Sound Card: I install ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + HDAEnabler for 889, run system to rebuild permission and restore cache. Reboot and nothing.

Video: I install the ATI 1.6.32.12 Drivers via MultiBeast, GraphicsEnabler=No or Yes (tried both. Result is always: Stuck in but after apple logo with a light blue screen (my monitor get to full native resolution butthat is it)

So I am really stuck and would appreciate any help to get sound card and video working (without getting stuck with blue screen).

Searched all Forum tried all different installation procedures but could not find anything that was really relevant for my motherboard and video card.

Thanks in Advance
 
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
90
Motherboard
GA-Z270X-UD3
CPU
6700k
Graphics
Gigabyte 980ti GTX
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Centris
  4. iMac
  5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
  7. Quadra
  8. SE
  9. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
cmarsili said:
Hi

I got my Snow Leopard intallation going (using UserDSTD, DSDT given by AutoPatch for Z68) but for sound card and video support.

Network works well using the Realtek drivers 2.0.6 instead of Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.

Sound Card: I install ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + HDAEnabler for 889, run system to rebuild permission and restore cache. Reboot and nothing.

Video: I install the ATI 1.6.32.12 Drivers via MultiBeast, GraphicsEnabler=No or Yes (tried both. Result is always: Stuck in but after apple logo with a light blue screen (my monitor get to full native resolution butthat is it)

So I am really stuck and would appreciate any help to get sound card and video working (without getting stuck with blue screen).

Searched all Forum tried all different installation procedures but could not find anything that was really relevant for my motherboard and video card.

Thanks in Advance


AFAIK, the 69xx AMD cards are still no go... you may be out of luck until the Mac Pro refresh.. or the big furry king of the jungle update... whichever comes first... or wait until soemone like Netkas does something for them.
 

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
13,666
Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490 Creator
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
fuma said:
AFAIK, the 69xx AMD cards are still no go... you may be out of luck until the Mac Pro refresh.. or the big furry king of the jungle update... whichever comes first... or wait until soemone like Netkas does something for them.
fuma is correct. Apple has yet to support the desktop 69xx series in Snow Leopard. May be in the last Snow Leopard update, or, more than likely, it will be Apple updated the Mac Pros.
 
Joined
May 25, 2011
Messages
9
Motherboard
10.7.4
CPU
3.39 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 MB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Stork said:
fuma said:
AFAIK, the 69xx AMD cards are still no go... you may be out of luck until the Mac Pro refresh.. or the big furry king of the jungle update... whichever comes first... or wait until soemone like Netkas does something for them.
fuma is correct. Apple has yet to support the desktop 69xx series in Snow Leopard. May be in the last Snow Leopard update, or, more than likely, it will be Apple updated the Mac Pros.

Great, that is just my luck. Apart from the video card, does anyone got the sound working on these motherboard? Back to windows in the meantime. :(
 
Top