Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B460M Pro-VDH WiFi
CPU
I5-10400
Graphics
UHD 630
It has been a while since I have done any updates on my system. Its has pretty much been running perfectly for me at 10.12.6 but I have ran in to some software that needs a new OS to run. I have downloaded and copied to a USB drive following the guide for a bootable USB but now I am trying to figure out the next step of the process and was hoping that someone could help with the process. I have read a couple of different guides and know that I will need to add some needed kexts to the EFI and I have Clover config installed and am able to mount the partition. Don't know for sure which ones I need to install or what the steps are following that. In my saved MB I have Realtek ALC889, 3rd party Sata, FakeSMC6.21, FakeSMC6.21 HW Monitor, Realtek RTL8111, and 3rd Party USB 3.0

My plan is to install it on a new SSD which is already formatted properly and waiting.

Thanks

Last edited:
I followed the guide for creating a Catalina beta bootable USB and got the release version on my USB drive. I added the kext that I how installed on my current install: fake smc, fake smc hw monitor, realtek ACL889, RTL8111, 3rd party usb 3.0, and 3rd party SATA. Also installed Clover Leagcy boot mode v2.4k r4961. I am able to boot and select the installer. Part way through the install I get an error message: A disk with a mount point is required. : (69854) quit installer to restart your computer and try again.

any ideas on where I am going wrong in the process?

thanks

Last edited:
After a lot of attempts/fails a great redditor in the hackintosh group gave me a hand and supplied a working plist file. Followed standard procedures setting up the USB drive and dropped the plist file on it and everything installed with out issue. I am still going through and setting things up and will still be testing things out but so far so good. Attached the file in case someone else with a sandy bridge system is having issues.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 104
After a lot of attempts/fails a great redditor in the hackintosh group gave me a hand and supplied a working plist file. Followed standard procedures setting up the USB drive and dropped the plist file on it and everything installed with out issue. I am still going through and setting things up and will still be testing things out but so far so good. Attached the file in case someone else with a sandy bridge system is having issues.
and do you have a working system with sleep ?
That's the only thing that prevents me to transition my ud3h-b3 from 10.13 to 10.15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back