Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - i7 2600k - Onboard graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx InitalBoss,

Yeah, i can boot 10.6.7 from IBoot CD 3.1.1, But 10.6.8 is a total wash.

The others I tried were "Fool Proof GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3...Blah something" and another similar board link from this thread.

Im thinking if I can get my HD to boot from 6.3 or 6.7 I can safely install 6.8.

My main goal is to get the HD to boot.

(Running 10.6.3 for now)

Max91 said:
Thanx InitalBoss,

Yeah, i can boot 10.6.7 from IBoot CD 3.1.1, But 10.6.8 is a total wash.

The others I tried were "Fool Proof GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3...Blah something" and another similar board link from this thread.

Im thinking if I can get my HD to boot from 6.3 or 6.7 I can safely install 6.8.

My main goal is to get the HD to boot.

(Running 10.6.3 for now)

What's the error message when it doesn't boot? Or what does the screen look like? Is it blank or have graphic glitches? Are you using onboard graphics like your profile suggests?

Ok, Bios is set to AHCI

Loading System............
Boot0: GPT
Boot0: test
Boot0: error

SOLVED!!!!

I did a little research on the WD10EADS drive and discovered other folks were having the same problem with OSX86.

I reinstalled to an older Hitachi 500g, and it's successful! :thumbup:

Thanx for listening. I'll give an update about my 10.6.8 attempt.

Ok, 10.6.8 update is not working for me.

I have tried every angle and guide....NO GO.

is there anyone using this guide to get to 10.6.7 had any luck updating? If so, please post how you did it.

Thanx in advance!

Max91 said:
Ok, 10.6.8 update is not working for me.

I have tried every angle and guide....NO GO.

is there anyone using this guide to get to 10.6.7 had any luck updating? If so, please post how you did it.

Thanx in advance!

What type of error message do you get?

Thanx again initalBoss.

Got it all working good. The problem was I was avoiding the purchase of a GPU. What I'm doing doesn't require heavy graphics.

Purchased a decent card, fresh install, secondary OS update to main, Multibeast...Good To Go!!!

Max91 said:
Thanx again initalBoss.

Got it all working good. The problem was I was avoiding the purchase of a GPU. What I'm doing doesn't require heavy graphics.

Purchased a decent card, fresh install, secondary OS update to main, Multibeast...Good To Go!!!

Out of curiosity, which video card did you get? I'm speching out a twin DVI FCP/Avid Sandy Bridge build and was wondering would would be a good low-cost graphics solution. 5770?

Anything more affordable that will deliver 2x DVI and work with FCP or Avid?

Yeah, i got a Zotac GeForce 9800GT.

Works good for my setup :thumbup:

Max91 said:
Yeah, i got a Zotac GeForce 9800GT.

Works good for my setup :thumbup:

YEah, i was trying to avoid a purchase of a gpu as well but I had to bite the bullet and get it. I will have one at least as a backup card for a later build I guess. I think Tony was saying Lion might support HD2/3000 integrated graphics. So we'll see whenever that comes out. Ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back