Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - i7 2600k - Onboard graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering this board over my current P6T Deluxe V1 which I can't get to work... Any recommendations for that move?

SpeedStep and Turbo are working.

So far, I have no real complaints for this board. However, I think I may prefer the ASUS boards. The ASUS board I had previous to this Sandy Bridge build, seemed to be of a little better construction and the BIOS was more aesthetically pleasing. This, of course, is personal opinion and preference.

Hi, noob here with Hackintosh. How did the install go with onboard graphics? I want to get a basic GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 mobo and use the onboard graphics on the i3 2100 cpu. Did you have a hard time getting the install done with the onboard graphics? I'm just wondering how to do the install with the onboard graphics in use since the first boot up is done with the bios and setting the graphics display for the onboard graphics as the primary display, right?

OP did you have to set anything else to use the onboard graphics to get the display showing so you can start to install osx from the discs?

I appreciate your feedback since I'm new to the MAC thing. I've built my own windows pcs but Mac is a new beast. Thanks.

There are no BIOS or "special" settings to utilize the onboard graphics for install. If you have a discrete GPU installed, it would probably take precendence and need to be removed.

Awesome! Thanks! Not having to buy a discrete vid card brings my build that much closer to completion and under budget!!

I just want to say that my GA-Z68X-UD3H is working in 10.6.8 flawlessly, as far as I can tell.

I started fresh with a 10.6.0 install using onboard graphics. After a successful 10.6.7 update, I plugged in my Radeon 6870 and setup ATI drivers. Everything worked, so I ran 10.6.8 update and once again everything went just fine. Afterwards, I did need to run Multibeast to enable realtek ethernet and audio rollback.

I've tested the system with Final Cut Pro X, Aperture and iTunes 10.3. Also, a cheap, generic bluetooth dongle has enabled my Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse.

btw - I initially tried applying the 10.6.8 combo update to my 10.6.0 install, and got a KP during the update. Also, I ran into install problems early when I was using the wrong SATA ports for my HDD. I switched to the bottom white port, and this fixed the issue.

Thanks to OP for the step by step guide!

Hello,

I have this exact same motherboard and processor, but with an NVIDIA geforce 560 graphics card. I'm trying to install following your instructions but get lost when you refer to BridgeHelper and the Post Installation folder. Have you linked these someplace I have missed? Is there something else I should use? Thanks for your help!

^ that's a good question because I'm not sure where to download the "z68 auto update" thing the OP mentioned on the first page.

Of course, at this point you shouldn't need BridgeHelper if you are running the 10.6.8 update, as this supports SandyBridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back