Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z270XP-SLI, i7-7700K, Samsung 960 PRO, 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a custom kext that I created to change the description of the SATA chipset when you view the SATA/SATA Express info on the System Information screen. It's purely a cosmetic mod. Without this mod, it would just show "Generic SATA Controllers" or something like that instead of "Intel 200 Series Chipset"

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 10.47.43 PM.png

Attachments

• Z270XPSLISATAControllers.kext.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I am sure you are way ahead of me. I am still trying to install Sierra, lol. Do you remember some of the BIOS settings that you enabled/deactivated? When I go through the installation I get this:
20170812_191338.jpg

I am following the TonyMac guide and so far it has not worked out so well.

@joe904 - Boot with -v and see where it hangs.

When you boot up your system with the USB drive, you'll see the Clover boot option screen. Hit the Space Bar, and find the option on the screen that has the -v flag. Move the cursor to that item and hit the Space Bar again to select the option. Finally, choose the Return option at the bottom of the screen.

You'll see a bunch of text scrolling up on your screen. It will come to a stop before displaying that Cannot Proceed logo. Take a pic of that screen and post it here and someone may be able to help you figure out why it hangs.

3) In EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder:

t's a custom kext that I created to change the description of the SATA chipset when you view the SATA/SATA Express info on the System Information screen. It's purely a cosmetic mod. Without this mod, it would just show "Generic SATA Controllers" or something like that instead of "Intel 200 Series Chipset"
I wonder if the 'cosmetic' changes that make it look more like a real Mac affect one's ability to succeed at iMessage (as you have)? Thanks, for the kext!

I am sure you are way ahead of me. I am still trying to install Sierra, lol. Do you remember some of the BIOS settings that you enabled/deactivated? When I go through the installation I get this:
View attachment 272016

I am following the TonyMac guide and so far it has not worked out so well.
Here's a thread for recommended BIOS settings. Be sure to also disable your serial ports. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/recommended-bios-uefi-settings-for-beginners.130920/

Here's another thread on Gigabyte motherboard BIOS settings: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gs-in-gigabyte-ga-z170x-gaming-6-f-20.211009/

And remember, if you used UniBeast, you just have an empty EFI folder on your destination disk, you can't boot from it. You have to boot from the UniBeast install (that has Clover) and tell it to boot from your hard drive (which can be tricky).

Install to a hard drive, get that boot working so that it can see the M2, then copy the drive and the EFI folder to the M2 and you'll be able to boot.

But realize that it's going to take a Lot more time than a few hours to grasp all the things you'll need to do to get a stable install. Hours and hours of reading different threads and taking notes. Be patient, there's a steep learning curve to do it right, and anything that's not done properly will result in a less than stable system. Read as many threads as you can and it will start to make sense.

I wonder if the 'cosmetic' changes that make it look more like a real Mac affect one's ability to succeed at iMessage (as you have)?
No, it has no effect whatsoever on getting Messages to work. For Messages (and FaceTime) to work properly, you just have to follow P1LGRIM's guide to a tee. When you get to that point, I can post a short write-up that is more specific to our board and CPU.

Here is the verbose file. I tried looking over it and I saw something about AppleNVMe, not sure if that is the cause. Not really sure what the problem is, I was able to get all the way through to the installation once before. Not sure what changed.
image.jpg

PS... I finally figured out how to correct the issue. I removed the power cord, and CMOS and then held the power button. I then restarted and then boot from the USB to get to the Apple installation screen. Now I just need to figure out what I need to do so the IOS sees the M.2 drive during installation

Last edited:
High mates! Glad to see more people using this board... See, I'm almost done post-installing this machine, but I'm struggling with the usb 3.0 ports.... Already tried multibeast usb options, then rolled back and now I'm trying @frontgear suggestions and Config.plist options but still no go with 3.0 hd... Would you be so kind and take a look at my Ioreg and Config and shed some light here?? Thanks so much in advance!

-EDIT-

Got it working using the AppleUSBXHCIPCI patch change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-Series-10.12).. The only thing is that the external drive appears with the internal drive Icon, but I'm shure that's an easy fix...

Thank you!

Attachments

• IOREG.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
High mates! Glad to see more people using this board... See, I'm almost done post-installing this machine, but I'm struggling with the usb 3.0 ports.... Already tried multibeast usb options, then rolled back and now I'm trying @frontgear suggestions and Config.plist options but still no go with 3.0 hd... Would you be so kind and take a look at my Ioreg and Config and shed some light here?? Thanks so much in advance!

-EDIT-

Got it working using the AppleUSBXHCIPCI patch change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-Series-10.12).. The only thing is that the external drive appears with the internal drive Icon, but I'm shure that's an easy fix...

Thank you!
For the USB 3.0 ports to work, make sure of the following:

1. Create a SSDT-USB.aml file as per Rehabman's or Ammulder's guide. I think Rehabman's guide is more advanced and may be hard to follow for some folks. This SSDT-USB.aml file needs to go into the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder on the EFI partition. Or you can use my SSDT-USB.aml that is linked to in post #2 above.

2. The latest version of USBInjectAll.kext needs to be in either /S/L/E or /L/E folder. Makes sure it is the latest version if you are using iMac18,1 or iMac18,2 or iMac18,3. Here's the link to get the latest version.

3. A copy of XHCI-200-series-injector.kext file in /S/L/E or /L/E

4. You do not need the AppleUSBXHCIPCI kext patch to increase the port limit to 26 in the config.plist file.

My config.plist file should have a kext patch that fixes the external drive icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back