CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is a placeholder at the moment for anyone to comment who has the same motherboard and processor running 10.12.6, but not necessarily a Samsung 960 Pro, as that setup is a bit unique.

Hopefully we can share config.plist, kexts that work, and tips and I'll be updating this work-in-progress as I've only just booted to 10.12.6 a few days ago using Uni-Beast.

I'm now working on USB, power management, 960 Pro NVMe config, hardware monitoring, etc.

I'm using an Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD so my wifi and bluetooth are already working. I've been able to air-drop my wifi password from my iPhone.

If you want Messages and Facetime, follow P1LGRIM's tutorial here.

Attached is a generic config.plist that I use to build my rig. Note that it is using iMac18,3 (for KabyLake 7700K).

The attached config.plist file drops seven (7) USB ports to stay within the 15-port limit set by Apple. And by staying within the limit, you do not need the kext patch to increase the USB port limit. Check your Custom Flags field (in Clover > Boot) to make sure you are dropping the desired USB ports.
Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 8.01.07 PM.png

If you are not using the NVidia Web Driver, uncheck the NvidiaWeb checkbox on the Clover > System Parameters screen.
Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 8.00.15 PM.png

For sound, I use Lilu.kext 1.1.6 and AppleALC.kext 1.1.3 (also attached). Set Audio to 1 on the Clover > Devices screen.

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 8.31.28 PM.png

You can find the latest version of Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext from links below:

Lilu.kext: https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases
AppleALC.kext : https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases

Rahabman's XHCI-200-series-injector.kext file is used in conjunction with USBInjectAll.kext to get USB2/USB3 ports working correctly.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 207
  • AppleALC 1.1.3.zip
    513.4 KB · Views: 179
  • Lilu 1.1.6.zip
    263.4 KB · Views: 167
  • XHCI-200-series-injector.kext.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to document your setup!! Of all the GigaByte motherboards, this one seems the best, so I think you'll end up helping a lot of people if we spend some time documenting our steps!

I've spent all my for the last week reading threads on TonyMacx86, and now with your working example - I can start experimenting tomorrow for real!!

I'm sure I'll have a few questions once I start (I'm only just past installing Sierra using UniBeast).

But, is the basic plan to use MultiBeast Sierra 9.1.0? Then before re-booting upgrade Clover to the latest, then use Clover Configurator to setup as much as it can (18.3, iMessage serial numbers, etc.), then use a pList editor (XCode or PListEdit Pro - any preference for pList editor?) to implement any other changes, make sure kexts are in proper locations, and then reboot my new Hackintosh!!!

I don't use UniBeast or MultiBeast to set up mine. I use this method to create a bootable USB drive, then install 10.12.6 from scratch. For post install, I just copy all required kexts and SSDT's to their appropriate folders on the EFI partition.

I have an EVGA GTX 970 graphics card so I don't use the built-in Intel HD 630 graphics. My system has full sleep/wake up support.

If you are going to use a USB 3.0 drive to install Sierra, make sure you have the USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext files in the kexts/Other folder (in addition to FakeSMC.kext, and, possibly IntelMausiEthernet.kext). If you don't, then you will get stuck at the HDI: Legacy Shim 2 error (and eventually, you'll see the Apple Cannot Proceed logo on the screen). So do that OR just use a USB 2.0 drive.

Also, when you install Clover, make sure you select the EmuVariableUefi-64 and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 options. EmuVariableUefi-64 is required for NVRAM to work on our Z270XP-SLI board.
Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 12.04.43 PM.png

I have a Broadcom4360 WiFi/Bluetooth adapter like yours and I uncheck the Wake for network access option (in the Energy Saver screen) to prevent WiFi and Ethernet from slowing down to a crawl after waking up from sleep.

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 12.08.35 PM.png

If you have a 27" HD display (like an Apple 27" Cinema Display), you can turn off the CSM Support option in the BIOS to display full resolution when Clover boots up. The CSM Support option is hidden in the BIOS so to gain access to the CSM Support option in the BIOS, go to the BIOS screen, scroll down to Windows 8/10 Features option, select Windows 8/10 (or Windows 8/10 WHQL) option, then the CSM Support option will show up. Disable CSM, then go back to the Windows 8/10 Features option and select Other to hide the CSM. Make sure to save your changes. The next time Clover boots up, it will show the full resolution (instead of the standard 1920x1080 resolution).

I use the free TextWrangler app from the App Store to edit the config.plist file. You can also use the free Clover Configurator tool to do it.

The latest BIOS firmware is F6 and that is what I am currently using.

I haven't gotten around to play with native macOS CPU Power Management but I am using Pike Alpha's ssdtPRGen script to create a custom SSDT. See this thread for more details. The SSDT.aml file is attached with this post if you want to use it.

Attachments

• SSDT.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Excellent! Your method uses the latest Clover and probably avoids a lot of issues as UniBeast and MultiBeast haven't been specifically updated for 10.12.6. I had just read that MuiltiBeast will cause a kernel panic for 10.12.6 if FakeSMC Plugins and Hardware Monitoring App are installed, so ... Multibeast may be causing some folks a bit of trouble?

I will follow your example. All of your tips earned by hard experience are Invaluable!!

One thing that confuses me about your Config.plist is the line containing: uia_exclude=HS05;HS06;HS09;HS11;SS05;SS06;SS09. Is this Config.Plist exclusion method replacing your SSDT-USB.dsl.zip generated with [Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext - or augmenting it?

And could you list out every kext you included (if there are others that you haven't already mentioned)?

When I get all this running I may look at CPU Power Management a bit myself. It doesn't look that hard to implement. I'm unsure if using iMac18.3 doesn't get us some degree of power management by default?

Thanks!!!!

I am not using any FakeSMC Plugins (monitors) so I can't comment on that aspect.

The SSDT-USB.aml file that I attached in the other thread (referenced by your link in post #2 above) defines a total of 22 possible USB2/USB3 ports on the Z270XP-SLI board. To stay within the USB 15-port limit set by Apple, we have to drop 7 ports (22 - 7 = 15) and that is accomplished by the Custom Flag uia_exclude=HS05;HS06;HS09;HS11;SS05;SS06;SS09 in the Custom Flags section in Clover > Boot screen. The uia_exclude boot arg is used to drop the extra USB ports in this case. This line is used in conjunction with the SSDT-USB.aml file; not replacing the SSDT-USB.aml file.

Below is the mapping of all 22 USB2/USB3 ports that I found on the Z270XP-SLI board. And here's how I came up with 7 ports to exclude: I am using the two USB2/USB3 connectors on the front panel of my case and they are connected to the USB3 Header #1 on the board. What that means is that I am using HS01/HS02 and SS01/SS02 ports. Nothing is connected to the USB3 Header #2 on the board (which is associated with HS05/HS06 and SS05/SS06) so they are safe to be excluded. I am also using the USB2 Header #2 (HS13) to power the Bluetooth on my Broadcom4360CD adapter but not the USB2 Header #2 (HS11) so it can also be excluded. So far, that's 5 ports. I need to eliminate 2 more ports so I decided that I could live without the USB2/USB3 ports HS09/SS09, which is the bottom-most connector below the Intel Ethernet connector on the back plate. So, in summary, I am not using HS05, HS06, HS09, HS11, SS05, SS06, and SS09 and therefore those 7 ports are specified on the uia_excluded boot argument.

Btw, I have yet figured out the port IDs of the two USB 3.1 Type A and Type-C ports on the back plate so they are purposely left off from this mapping. I suspect that they are HS12/HS14 but I will confirm this once I get a USB 3.1 adapter or device(s).

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 2.13.02 PM.png

Here is a list of kexts and SSDT's that I am using post-installation and where they go:

1) In EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder:

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 2.05.18 PM.png

2) In the EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UFI folder:

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 2.05.55 PM.png

3) In EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder:

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 2.06.23 PM.png

4) In /Library/Extensions folder are: FakeSMC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext. Note that when you copy these kexts to the /Library/Extensions folder, make sure you do the chmod and chown commands and rebuild the cache.

cd /Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel FakeSMC.kext (and the rest of the kexts)
sudo chmod -R 755 FakeSMC.kext (and the rest of the kexts)
sudo touch /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Last edited:
Hey HighSierraWannabe,

I noticed that we have pretty much the same rig. Maybe you could help me with setting up my Hackintosh? I have tried following the guides, but I have had no luck. I have been working on this for hours with no luck.

RIG:
Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming K7
I7 7700 - Kaby Lake
Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVMe m.2
Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB GPU

@joe904 - I'm really just starting this also. frontgear has given us pretty much what we need to navigate.

I had previously gotten to the stage where I was able to install Sierra 10.12.6 using UniBeast, but I'm going to switch over to the method suggested by frontgear https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-create-a-macos-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.195077/

As you and I have the Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVMe m.2, we're going to have to follow RehabMan's guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/ to be able to view and boot from that device.

Definitely read up on RehabMan's [Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/ . You'll need to understand this to take advantage of frontgear's uploads (which you'll probably have to change a bit, as your motherboard may be slightly different). As near as I can tell, one mistake folks make is to just raise the USB port limit instead of setting up a custom SSDT. That will end up causing crashes. You must create and install the custom SSDT (which may or may not be slightly different for your motherboard). RehabMan's thread on this tells you exactly how to test your USB setup to find out if it is different.

One thing I've found useful is to use a 256GB thumb drive (or an external USB HD) to keep a copy of a working system. This way, I can make changes on the main drive, and if they don't work, I can Carbon Copy from that drive to my main drive, and after mounting the EFI folders using Clover Configurator, copy my working EFI partition to my main drive. This is much faster than installing again.

Understanding EFI Partitions and the boot process would be a good thing https://www.happyassassin.net/2014/01/25/uefi-boot-how-does-that-actually-work-then/!

If you have a specific problem, posting log files in your own thread with a problem specific title generally gets a fairly quick answer. Everyone on this forum is very helpful.

In a week or so I might be able to help you, but ... I'm still plodding through forum threads I've flagged and testing.

3) In EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder:
screen-shot-2017-08-12-at-2-06-23-pm-png.271943
@frontgear - the "Z207XPSLIS..ntrollers.kext" full name got truncated in the image. What is the full kext name and where can I find it?

If I'm lucky, I may get this partially working tomorrow!!! Thanks for you help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back