Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z270XP-SLI, i7-7700K, Samsung 960 PRO, 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm thinking that port #1 would start with pin #1, which would make the 5 pin side port #2?

From your understanding, leaving a port out of the .dsl is effectively the same as excluding the port in Clover, there's zero difference as to the end effect?

I was thinking that the dsl would have to be 'instantiated' before anything could be excluded. And if it existed even briefly before the exclusion, with the > 15 ports causing buffer overruns, this might cause memory corruption from time to time?

Did you have to execute a command to enable TRIM? Probably need to look at it after any point updates, I've heard it can get reset.

@frontgear - I got your install method to work!! I removed the 'Graphics->inject nvidia. It's currently installing using USB3 to an SSD drive for testing.

So, after the install, I just need to follow your instructions for Post-Install files: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ng-960-pro-10-12-6.228981/page-4#post-1562273

I'll install the latest Clover to the SSD, put those files in place as well as the same Config.plist, change the default boot volume to the SSD, and it should all work? I may have to remove the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext, unsure if that applies to my GTX-285 pre-Pascal card. If all goes smoothly, I'm going to upgrade some dual nVidia Titans on my main computer at some point, and I'll use one or both on the Hackintosh.

Thanks for your help - I wouldn't be booting up without your assistance!!

Great news indeed!

I'd recommend downloading the latest version of USBInjectAll.kext, FakeSMC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, Lilu.kext, and AppleALC.kext.

Don't forget to fix permission and rebuild cache after you copy the files to /Library/Extensions folder:

cd /Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 <kext_file> (do it for all kext files that you copy there)
sudo touch /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

You might want to change to darkwake=0 in the Boot screen for post-install. Also, play with the nv_disable=1 option because I am not certain if it affects your system with that GTX-285 card.

Once you got everything running, Messages & FaceTime is next :)

Forgot to mention that once you got your 960 Pro to boot, open up an ePub file in iBooks. If you see a transparent background instead of text, then you may need that NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext file installed. I have a Maxwell card and it might just be it and the other Pascal series cards that are affected.

Do you have a USB2 device you can place in HD09-SS09 (bottom, below Intel Ethernet). I'm excluding this in Config.plist (as you are), and yet it sees a USB2 drive when I insert it, but not a USB3 drive? Maybe check to see if the ports you excluded are really excluded for both USB2 and USB3?

Actually, I just booted with your config.plist and excludes, and both a USB2 or USB3 thumb will be recognized in that excluded port? When a USB3 drive is inserted, it messes with my mouse which is in HS07-SS07. Not sure everything is working as intended?

Last edited:
Just plugged both USB2 and USB3 drives in that port (HS09/SS09) and nothing showed up or recognized.

Here's the screenshot of my ioreg showing all the available USB ports. They are as expected based on the SSDT and uia_exclude.
Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 4.12.53 PM.png

HS10/SS10 is where the USB cable from my Apple 27" LED Display is plugged in. If you recall, HS10/SS10 is the USB port right above the HS09/SS09 port, which is directly below the Intel Ethernet port.
Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 4.13.30 PM.png

And HS13 is the USB2 Header #2 that I use to power the Bluetooth on my Broadcom49360.
Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 4.13.36 PM.png

What USB ports does it show in your ioreg, under XHC@14000000 tree?

I don't have an NVSPI? I'd guess this is somehow related to your nVidia driver installs?

IOREG USB.png

Your ioreg looks right. Plug your USB drive into that HS09/SS09 port on the back and see where it shows up on ioreg.

Is there a menu you must enable to get IOREG to show colors for changes? RehabMan's docs are pretty clear. I'm using the version he suggested (and I also tried one from Apple's developer downloads).

I can see the port status change by the number, but that's the only thing that changes? I was expecting red and green ... colors?

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with my aml - as I'm seeing ports that are excluded in Config.plist. It may be that when I attempted to exclude only the USB2 of a USB3 port, that this caused some issues. I'm going to re-work it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back