Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z270XP-SLI, i7-7700K, Samsung 960 PRO, 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated mine to High Sierra 10.13.3 a few weeks ago. No issues so far and I am using the Web Driver .104 with my EVGA GTX-970 to get around the reported mouse lag issues.
Excellent!

I bought a GTX-1050 in case I run into High Sierra issues with my perfectly good GTX-285 (but I really want the two DVI ports on the 285).

1. I've been following the 10.13.3 threads, and understand what you mean about using the .104. Did you try our setup with the Web Driver nVidia put out for 10.13.3 - or just go to .104 directly? It might be that Kaby Lake doesn't have the lag issues (or maybe it does)?

2. Out of curiosity, would you have the NVDAStartup.kext from 10.12? I'd replaced mine with the one from 10.11 (so that the GTX-285 would work), and it has caused a crash when applying the security updates for 10.12 - so I really need to put the original back.

I installed 10.13.3 from scratch and went to .104 directly, knowing that the latest Web Driver version would cause conflicts. I believe the lag issues happen to Kaby Lake as well, with NVidia Maxwell cards.

Sorry, I don't have the NVDAStartup.kext from 10.12.

I installed 10.13.3 from scratch and went to .104 directly, knowing that the latest Web Driver version would cause conflicts. I believe the lag issues happen to Kaby Lake as well, with NVidia Maxwell cards.
Useful to know. Thanks! If I install from scratch, I won't need to mess with my 10.11 NVDAStartup.kext - so I'll probably go that way.

Are you saying that the Pascal 10 series cards aren't showing the lag? I read thru two threads with 45+ pages, and still don't exactly understand where the problem lies? I wish the first msg of a thread outlined what works and doesn't.

My understanding is the lag only affects the Maxwell cards but I didn't read the whole thread, either.

Hi all...thanks for creating this forum...it's been extremely helpful.

After following this forum and setting up the same, I am running into issues regarding FCPx export times (specifically the BruceX benchmark). I'm using a Gigabyte Nvidia 1050ti GPU and it's setup to use hardware acceleration with the Intel HD 630. However, I'm seeing export times of around 2 minutes...where others using the same or similar GPU are well under 1 minute. I'm using the .104 Nvidia drivers to get around the lag issues. Also, I'm currently running 10.13.3

Do you have any thoughts on how I could resolve this? All other graphics performance is extremely fast and smooth, but the 5k export benchmark is beyond slow.

thanks for looking...

I'm unable to get the mac partition to show up after disabling secure boot any ideas?

@frontgear - the "Z207XPSLIS..ntrollers.kext" full name got truncated in the image. What is the full kext name and where can I find it?

If I'm lucky, I may get this partially working tomorrow!!! Thanks for you help!
me too need to know whats and where is "Z207XPSLIS..ntrollers.kext"

Hey @frontgear !! As I guess, due to Apples decision to abandon the best graphics chipset, there's no path forward to Mojave with nVidia?

So, I've asked for any tips on moving over to ATI with a new RX 570 I just purchased, possibly installing Mojave from scatch using an updated version of my working config, on this ATI graphics thread:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-graphics-cards.171291/page-264#post-1901081

I just noticed that you are using an RX 580, so ... any tips for getting our almost identical hardware to work with the RX?

Have you moved to Mojave and did you install from scratch or upgrade?

Almost went with the new Mac Mini, but returned their base priced unit to Apple after testing - along with their horrible new Beddit sleep monitor. I probably still have issues with Apple (as in haven't forgiven them) for discarding my older very expensive dual Xeon Mac Pro (and the real 64 bit version of Final Cut Pro which they abandoned for the 'toy' version), which could still probably run circles around the new Mac Mini and is of course - Expandable ha ha.

Hey @frontgear - with your kind help, I was able to upgrade to 10.14.6 last year.

I made a few attempts to upgrade 10.14.6 to 10.15.2 a month ago with latest Clover, WEG, etc., but failed.

I'm guessing it's something in my config.plist or an EFI driver inside of Clover that's causing the issue. Possibly the kext Hackintool added so that I could hot swap SATA drives in Mojave?

Going to give another try this weekend with 10.15.3 - and maybe use a Pixel 3a in slo-mo to capture any -verbose errors if it fails (my old iPhone just captured a blur). Possibly install from scratch with just the basics if an upgrade doesn't work?

As I saw that you'd been able to upgrade to 10.15.x without any problems at all, any chance of attaching a redacted EFI.ZIP so that I could see what's working for you?

I posted a PM to you during my attempt, but ... the TonyMacx86 'powers that be' seem to really frown on requesting help in a PM and banned me for a few days, so ... I'll take the chance you might read this as I'm very hesitant to PM now and certainly don't want to get you banned - so don't reply in a PM. It's their site, their rules, fair enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back