Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-Designare with Mojave 10.14.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
No change.
Still hangs at the end of the Apple time line.

No change.
Still hangs at the end of the Apple time line.

Okay. As in 111 posts nothing has been achieved it is worth doing a review.

Back in the "Any hackintosh compatible USB 3.1 Type C Pci-e cards thread" we were told you were running a Thunderbolt 3 card but, at post #18 you said you couldn't get your USB-C ports working.

We tried to address that.

You then mapped all your ports using "USBMap" to try and fix this. I don't suggest using this utility, but many do.

Then in post #25 you uploaded your first EFI folder.

After a few hiccups, again another upload at post #69. Now you were having USB power problems.

From then on we can skip the rest of that thread and move to this one.

I've reviewed all of the EFI folders you've posted.

It is clearly wrong to state this motherboard is not hackinotshable. It is, you've been running it. I am not sure you did a full and proper USB configuration using our guides, only USBMap, so the USB3 problems will likely persist. For example I haven't seen your SSDT-UIAC.aml if you have. A proper export from IORegistryExplorer would have helped resolve these issues.

Now, you can't even boot.

So at the end of a review, what's the conclusion?

Clearly mistakes have been made along the way.

Suggestion?

Go put back your original EFI folder from post #25 or post #20. This will remove everything we have tried. The hack was working for you at that point, so should again. You might then want to configure your USB/Thunderbolt ports properly, but not touch anything else that could affect booting.

:)

Last edited:
OK.
I thought I might get an answer before trying this.
I deleted the unwanted kext...
Changed the SIP to enabled...
Renamed the original config.plist...
Saved the new config.plist in the same folder...

Rebooted to your Clover Boot and it just recylces back over and over.
I can't get past your Clover Boot page.
So I booted back from my USB drive.
I'm going to remove the new config.plist and put the old one back.

This is a clue that there's some sort of kexts on your System drive that's needed for you to boot.

Nevermind. Newer posts in the thread figured it out.

You then mapped all your ports using "USBMap" to try and fix this. I don't suggest using this utility, but many do.

Then in post #25 you uploaded your first EFI folder.

After a few hiccups, again another upload at post #69. Now you were having USB power problems.
Yes, there are some USB power problems but on the whole I feel the USB mapping was successful.

For example I haven't seen your SSDT-UIAC.aml if you have. A proper export from IORegistryExplorer would have helped resolve these issues.
Where is the SSDT-UIAC.aml located and how do I post it?
How do I export this with IORegistryExplorer?

Now, you can't even boot.

So at the end of a review, what's the conclusion?

Clearly mistakes have been made along the way.

Suggestion?

Go put back your original EFI folder from post #25 or post #20. This will remove everything we have tried. The hack was working for you at that point, so should again. You might then want to configure your USB/Thunderbolt ports properly, but not touch anything else that could affect booting.

OK.
A summary from me and then we're done.

Is anyone interested in seeing, if you haven't already (I'm not sure) the EFI folder or config.plist from my USB Boot drive? That boot loader always boots the machine. That boot loader brings me to a Tonymacx86 Clover V4920 boot screen. I can pick any of my HDs that have the OS on it and I'm in business.

At one point early on while I was in Clover V4, trying to do whatever I was trying to do, the dialog box to update to V5 popped up. I did the update to Clover V5.
That presented a problem in booting so I went back to V4.
Booting from V5 has never worked. Booting from V4 has always worked.
I have mentioned this in these posts.

@UtterDisbelief You mentioned a few posts back...

Okay, there is a potential problem for this set-up if you are still using Clover version 49**. There's nothing actually wrong with that, we just have to take into account the different file system structure of the post 5000 versions.

I'm not a code writer but I am fairly analytical. I've said from the start that Multibeast and the way it created the boot loader is the root of all this. Multibeast created the boot loader in V4 not V5.
Multibeast tagged the SMBIOS as 14,2 not 18,3.
I keep seeing the same red flags. I know you are also and trying to work them out.
Don't get me wrong here. I'm trying to follow along with a limited knowledge of the "2nd layer" of all this code writing.

The USB problems I'm having are tied to the SMBIOS.
One of the reasons is because, if I understand this at all, the SMBIOS is wrong for the CPU I'm using (i7-7700K) and the Chipset+ASMedia®ASM2142 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Controller is not a good fit. (I don't know if incompatible is the correct terminology.)
At some point in time, some one else who is having a problem with this chipset will figure this out.

Thank you @UtterDisbelief
Thank you @pastrychef
You guys have been wonderful.
Go enjoy some coffee on me.

BillieJo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back