Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-Designare with Mojave 10.14.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.
I thought I might get an answer before trying this.
I deleted the unwanted kext...
Changed the SIP to enabled...
Renamed the original config.plist...
Saved the new config.plist in the same folder...

Rebooted to your Clover Boot and it just recylces back over and over.
I can't get past your Clover Boot page.
So I booted back from my USB drive.
I'm going to remove the new config.plist and put the old one back.

Let's take a look at your new config.plist

Remember the removal of any kexts from L/E or S/L/E requires a kext-cache rebuild.

There's a trick you can use to try different config.plists and I'll explain that next, once we've seen your new one.

:)

Here ya go.
I did rebuild the cache. I'm slowly learning.

Attachments

• new-config.plist.zip
    967 bytes · Views: 36
Here ya go.
I did rebuild the cache. I'm slowly learning.
it's appears to be missing almost everything

you can compare it to your other one, your backup, using xcode or plisteditpro

OK.
So that confirms I do not know how to use Clover Config.
I've been saying all along that I'm out of my depth here.
I can manage opening a hidden partition.

All I did was change the SIP from an emtpy box to contain 0x0 and saved it.
If I was supposed to do anything else to create a proper config.plist, I didn't.

OK.
So that confirms I do not know how to use Clover Config.
I've been saying all along that I'm out of my depth here.
I can manage opening a hidden partition.

All I did was change the SIP from an emtpy box to contain 0x0 and saved it.
If I was supposed to do anything else to create a proper config.plist, I didn't.
you mount your efi, then navigate to your config.plist and then open it with clover configurator

Look at post #98.
pastrychef sent me a screen shot of where the change needed to be made in Clover Config.
I mounted the EFI partition.
I opened CC, navigated to that page, changed the SIP and saved the file.
I didn't open the conif.plist first so I was working in the wrong place, correct?
I saved a blank conif.plist with one command. Is that what I'm seeing when I look at this new file?

Look at post #98.
pastrychef sent me a screen shot of where the change needed to be made in Clover Config.
I mounted the EFI partition.
I opened CC, navigated to that page, changed the SIP and saved the file.
I didn't open the conif.plist first so I was working in the wrong place, correct?
I saved a blank conif.plist with one command. Is that what I'm seeing when I look at this new file?

you need to open your config,plist to be able to edit it

EDIT: Sorry two more posts appeared while I was writing this o_O But still ...

Okay, there is a potential problem for this set-up if you are still using Clover version 49**. There's nothing actually wrong with that, we just have to take into account the different file system structure of the post 5000 versions.

Anyway, I've made an attempt at editing a config.plist for you to try. It's attached below. It is only a test and not set in stone.

If you're up for it, here's that trick I mentioned above. Rename any new config.plist to something that might help you differentiate it from any another. For example config-test1.plist or config-original.plist. It doesn't really matter what, just something you will recognise.

Put any new ones into the EFI/CLOVER folder of the hidden EFI partition on the main drive. When you boot your PC, at the Clover menu icons move your cursor along and down to the second row. Select Options. In this sub-menu you can select which config to use. The ones you create are all listed. Select the one you want to try for that particular boot attempt.

Once you have one that works you can rename it to plain old config.plist etc.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 41
Okay, there is a potential problem for this set-up if you are still using Clover version 49**. There's nothing actually wrong with that, we just have to take into account the different file system structure of the post 5000 versions.
I'm pretty sure I stated early on that Clover V5 doesn't play nice with this build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back